“Juicy steaks”

Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Squires Loft Ballarat Steakhouse is located at 10 Grenville St Ballarat. The restaurant is situated in an old heritage building full of history and old style charm. The Steakhouse is known for its top quality produce and the delicious meals it delivers. We offer everything from slow cooked Legendary Pork Ribs, melt in the mouth Eye fillet steaks, to scrumptious vegetarian meal options. We have something for everyone! Infant most of our menu is Gluten FREE!
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We recently dined at the Ballarat Steakhouse and while we enjoyed the meal we found the steaks a bit too thick. While they were certainly juicy they were very thick. My preference would be for a thinner steak of the same weight.
Staff were very knowledgeable and gave good advice on matching steak choice to cooking style and they enhanced our dining.
It was a bit overpriced in my opinion, but the busy night testified that it is a popular venue. My tip - ensure you book to ensure your table.

Sherralea C, Manager at Ballarat Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hello Jim, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
I am pleased to know the staff were able to give you good advice and help guide you on your steak choosing journey. Just a tip for next time if you'd prefer a "thinner steak" try ordering the steak a little more cooked than usual. The steaks get thinner depending on your preference "Well Done" is the thinest. Thank you again!

Reviewed 21 May 2018

As a non steak eater i tried the Vegetable meal option and was it fabulous. The fried onions were sooo delicious and there were oodles so i could generously share. The secret recipe sauce made the skewered vegetables a taste sensation. i opted for the baked potato which was amply provided with a sour cream dressing. Everyone was impressed with their selections. Dont select too many side dishes as the meals are generous.

Sherralea C, Manager at Ballarat Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello Oldaussieiady,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful feedback. We are so happy to know how much you enjoyed your meal. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

This was my first visit here and I was charmed. .Being aged and frail, I was not confident enough to to risk the steak,(my teeth are not what they were) but I found a beautiful chicken dish with cheese and a sauce of choice.

The sauce dishes for others having the steak were very generous.

I was delighted to find my favourite wine, Summerfield reds, served by the glass. We had a group of 20. I guess it's very difficult to please 20 people. Me, I'm just lucky
I shall return.

Sherralea C, Manager at Ballarat Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Thank you Kenneth for your very kind words. I have to admit the Summerfield wines are by far my favourite too! We are so glad you join us, and look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner with another couple for my birthday meal. Signed up for the birthday club for free and was given a $35 voucher to use! Steak was fantastic and staff were friendly and helpful. Megan suggested a great bottle of wine and was helpful with every request. Would definitely recommend dining here and joining the birthday club!

Jay B, thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience. Happy Birthday to you! We love to celebrate birthdays here at Squires Loft and are glad you had the chance to use your $35 voucher. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Megan and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

The steaks and ribs are amazing and the sauces and fried onions are the best. Look out for Megan (shes the good looking Scottish waitress) who really does a fantastic job. Keep up the good work BSH

Sherralea C, Manager at Ballarat Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

We appreciate your review. Your kind words will be passed onto the team. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our good looking Scottish waitress Megan . Looking forward to seeing you again soon.