“One to impress her”

The Gallery Restaurant at Craig's Royal Hotel
Ranked #14 of 353 Restaurants in Ballarat
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dine in air conditioned comfort on a sunny afternoon or under the stars in the evening. Serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner in a spacious light filled glass roofed conservatory in the historic courtyard of Craig’s Royal Hotel. The perfect place for informal dining. A fine selection of beverages featuring the best of local, regional, Australian and international wines is available - with many by the glass and priced to suit the everyday diner. Open for Breakfast from 7am and lunch and dinner every day of the week. Reservations are recommended - Phone
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We enjoyed a quiet dinner here midweek so there was no problem with getting service.
Meals are all well constructed but require one or two sides to be filling. A great wine list but prices only begin around $50 and quickly escalate from there. Whilst the setting is enticing there is a general lack of heating and we needed to keep our jackets handy.
One of the Icons of Ballarat and very popular with the ladies. Take your credit card!!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

A very expensive place to eat, although It was fancy..So It just wasn't my cup of tea. I ordered the gnocchi, was filling and there was nothing wrong with it so I can't complain.Staff were very friendly and helpful and the place a nice and quiet place to eat.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We have had dinner a few times over the years at the Gallery, but the last time was outstanding. We had the Hopkins River Porterhouse for 2, Roasted Pumpkin and Tarts for Dessert. Very good Wine Selection. The service is knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. As stated in the title, this place is as good, if not better than some of the Top Restaurants in Melbourne at more affordable prices...

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Again I with a large group of 18? Service was slow. Maybe just one waitress for 20? other people.

I had the special pie (leek and mushroom) beautifully presented and very tasty indeed.
The plate was garnished with grilled leeks, fried onion holding a tasty sauce and fresh parsley. ($28.00) 11 people tried this and all were happy.

I glanced at the menu.. Half a chicken ($35.00) Oysters $4.50 each
Pastas and rice dishes offered the option of a large or small plate. Serves were generous.

The wine list is magnificent. Several Summerfield wines by the glass. I had an Oliver's (Pyrenees) 2014 shiraz. Delicious $12.00

We stumbled into a 'no split bills' scenario. How I hate this. I object to doing the restaurant's work for them. Eventually $800.00 ? appeared on the table.
You had to divide the items into cost. Bill, I found hard to navigate. My second glass of wine did not arrive.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This is truely a beautiful restaurant ! The service was very good we had two course meal I had the duck which was incredible and chocolate mouse , my husband had the fish and trifle we so enjoyed our meals we could not pick any fault with the meal I would tell everyone who visit Ballarat to go there its a must it's not to be missed.