Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful wines, great hospitality and the best wine tasting experience!

Reviewed May 2, 2022
262zacr
Great experince

Reviewed April 18, 2022
steverX4914HR

Recommended experiences in and around Pokolbin
from $52.00
from $21.20
from $60.05
from $154.73
More Info
All reviews cellar door wine tasting hunter valley tasting experience great wine lovely experience ghost purchase vines weekend sample
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2022

On a couples weekend to the Hunter, Cockfigher's Ghost was first on our list. Little did we know that it would surpass our expectations of what a wine tasting experience could be. Paddy took us personally through our Premiere wine tasting list and customised it based on our preferences and how we were liking the wines we tasted. He showed us great hospitality and knowledge set looking over the vineyards in a beautiful cellar door. What was above and beyond for me was when I requested to try an off list wine and without hesitation he brought out a bottle. Beautiful wines and best experience compared to every other cellar door we visited.

Date of experience: April 2022
Brian R, Manager at Poole's Rock, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2022

Dear Zac,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us during your recent visit to our Cellar Door.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your tasting experience. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to Paddy in due course.

Reviewed April 18, 2022

Had a great tasting experience with Paddy. We loved the location, so peaceful and with a great outlook over the vines. It was great to get away from the very commercial wineries and go somewhere with a personal touch. I would absolutely recommend to go to Poole's Rock. Ask Paddy about how the label Cockfighters Ghost came about.
The wine is very good as well. Looking forward to my wine arriving later on this week :)

Date of experience: April 2022
Brian R, Manager at Poole's Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2022

Dear Steve,

Reviewed February 27, 2022

Wines are lovely, and very affordable.

Tastings are very casual and comfortable, especially out on the verandah and the staff are excellent!

Date of experience: February 2022
Brian R, Manager at Poole's Rock, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2022

Dear Adam,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your tasting experience on the verandah. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to the team in due course.

Reviewed February 13, 2022 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend in the Hunter Valley and our first stop was Poole’s Rock. Laura looked after us and we had such a lovely experience. The wines were amazing and a beautiful location. Would highly recommend this vineyard if you are in the Hunter Valley

Date of experience: February 2022
Brian R, Manager at Poole's Rock, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2022

Dear Angela,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your tasting experience. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to Laura in due course.

Reviewed February 12, 2022 via mobile

We had an amazing experience here. I come everytime I’m in the Hunter and it never disappoints. Greta view, great wine and exceptional service.

Date of experience: February 2022
Brian R, Manager at Poole's Rock, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2022

Dear Nadia,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us during your recent return visit to our cellar door.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your tasting experience and will be sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to the team in due course.