Lowest prices for your stay
$112
Free cancellation until 07/07/22
Priceline$123
Hotels.com$139
Travelocity$139
All reviews hunter valley bottle shop wine country harrisons bistro accommodation vines kangaroos
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2021

Stayed for a few nights. The room was lovely, the bed comfy and we had a view of the vines. Plus a few kangaroos looked very happy in the vines. Great location to walk to Hunter Valley Gardens and Pokolbin Village. The bistro/pub served delicious food with friendly staff and it was fast with a great atmosphere. Discovered a few places around the area say they’re booked out and no one is there, so we blamed covid restrictions. The bottle shop also had very friendly staff. We would definitely stay again. My husband booked a conference room and his experience was also great with the food and things included for the room. The room was so quiet and the stars were amazing plus seeing the hot air balloons in the morning.

Date of stay: April 2021
Susan Daniels, Guest Services / Front Office at Harrigan's Hunter Valley Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2021

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Harrigans Hunter Valley.

Reviewed April 30, 2021 via mobile

We chose Pokolbin as an overnight stop on our way from the Gold Coast to Sydney for an important ANZAC Day Commemoration.

Unfortunately we chose Harrigans to stay at and eat.

Firstly, the room was so dusty we needed to take antihistamines. The bathroom was dirty with grimy sink plugs and grimy floor. We we so shocked we took photos. While the sheets were clean, the beds were hard.

We went to the Harrigans bistro when it opened at 5.30pm to make a booking for dinner, only to be told by an unfriendly male staff member with a black eye, that no tables were available; when we pointed out the almost empty bistro behind him and the fact that we had travelled 12 hours to give Harrigans our $180 per night business, the black eye person got more aggressive and less understanding.

In desperation from tiredness we asked to speak to his manager and a person with an Irish accent arrived, with the same level of antagonism and rudeness as the black eye person.

A manager with the Irish accent then suggested we sit in the sports bar. When I quietly told him I was an Australian war veteran who suffered from PTSD and couldn’t take the sports bar noise, he came back with “well that’s your problem “ They finally begrudgingly offered us a table but we were so insulted that we left. Then followed sniggering as the manager and the black eye person walked away.

We’ve been travelling the world for 50 years and have never been so badly treated and insulted. We love visiting Ireland and have always experienced legendary Irish hospitality, so Harrigans is a massive disappointment and failure by those standards.

In our view Harrigans is embarrassment to Irish people and an embarrassment to the Hunter Valley.

This place should shut up shop.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Notraveltrouble
Susan Daniels, Guest Services / Front Office at Harrigan's Hunter Valley Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Harrigans Hunter valley. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Harrigans, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Susan Daniels
Rooms Division Supervisor
Harrigans Hunter Valley

Reviewed April 10, 2021

Avoid! Bouncers only want couples, single females and hen parties. A male drinking water gets kicked out. Social injustice at its best. Refused to awlnoldege same hens party going in as who refused me as same

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2021 via mobile

Have stayed here before a few years ago and it was pretty good. This time it was a nightmare!!! Mice everywhere! I called for help five times and no answer so I had to go down to the bar in the pub to ask for help. I was given sticky pads to catch the mice, that I then had to kill and dispose of myself! We ended up catching 6 plus mice and it’s all we could hear all night! I had no sleep and had to lock all my belongings up so they didn’t get mice in them. There is clearly holes near the fridge where they are getting in as there was mouse poo all over the fridge.
I understand there is a few mice getting around but I don’t pay good money to be killing and chasing mice all night. Especially with my 17 month old running around the room.
Something needs to be done for vermin control as it’s dirty and disgusting.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank gemgemrutt86
Reviewed March 22, 2021

When you arrive here your mind goes WOW this is going to be an indulging, comfortable, relaxing place to stay with a fantastic location the gardens are so pretty and the pub is fancy and inviting but than you open the door to your room and your smile drops to the floor and so does your eyes, you see the dirty stained carpet and you don't want to take your shoes off and the mould in the bathroom were u think u will need a shower after a shower. There's dust and grim all over the walls. You try to keep the positive first impression alive so you look past it and when you notice the mouse in the bedroom run across the floor you tell yourself you didn't see it but it's no denying it when your 2 kids see it and freak out. So we move rooms to the "upgraded room" well it's a good size and great size fridge and not on ground level but the furniture is dated and it's the same unclean feeling as the first room with cockroaches running around and sleeping on your freash towels but with a 4am balloon ride your too tired and you try to sleep with your mouth closed. The next day we were moved again for the 3rd time in less than 24 hours assuming the 2nd room we were moved to was booked out, I must say this room the carpet was a little cleaner and the bedroom furniture was more updated than the first room, there was plenty of firewood so that was appreciated and we were given an $80 dining voucher as compensation which was used and the food was good but drinks are expensive but I did see a slug come out of the bottom of the mini fridge vent overall I wouldn't sleep here EVER again as it felt dirty the rooms need a facelift and a good scrub but the pub had a nice atmosphere and the food was good it's a great place for a social drink or dining experience. The staff were overall friendly but I was blocked in by another guest's car for a whole day and after making a complaint to reception the issue was never rectified it was just lucky we didn't need to travel out that day.

Date of stay: March 2021