Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
1,206 results
All reviews hunter valley gardens record player walking distance private courtyard shopping village christmas lights motel style several wineries buffet breakfast lounge area king bed great central location hope estate enjoyable stay two night stay spa bath wine tasting
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2022

First time back to Hunter Valley in more than thirty years. Enjoyed central location, ambience and outlook from the grounds. A two night stay this time. Bar and lounge area was very pleasant. Bar service a little slow as staff seemed to be covering more than one spot. Room service dinner was delivered promptly and was very good. The room was large, comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was adequate.

1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed March 25, 2022

For a Mercure Resort this hotel is overpriced and underserviced. Little attention to Accor Plus membership. Restaurant not available on arrival. We certainly were left wanting for the service we usually find at other Mercure Hotels. It is tired and under maintained.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 20, 2022

Unfortunately it was a late booking and I couldn't get my Sat night.... never mind I managed to get one night on the Sunday. It was a relaxing stay from arrival to departure. I had fun by the pool, a wonderful meal in the restaurant and scored a late checkout after a fantastic breakfast. I do like coming back to this place!!!! Book early or you will miss out!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank John G
Reviewed March 20, 2022

We booked two rooms for two nights. We pointed out to The reception whom addressed it we were told. The cost was double per night than advertised. She apologised informed us we would be reimbursed up to 7 days later on our payment cards. We checked with the said manager whom not only was abrupt with us but also unprofessional by his manner and no uniform which we thingy was odd. The email was sent to address our complaint. The manager chose not to reply to me but our friend only albeit I had been emailing him directly. His response was he believed we were wrong and his staff did not make any promises of addressing the issue. Hiding behind her say do and the camera on the desk. Which we are shocked it did not recorded the conversation fully when we attended. I have written on here purely because we feel the hotel is wrong. The rooms were shabby the hot water in our room was not working the dust and tiredness of the room did not in our view value the cost. The dining room also out of date and uncomfortable. Don’t go. Don’t visit. Will continue to complain on all
Media sites until our voices are heard and fully addressed

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2022

Four of us stayed last April. Lovely garden rooms, great smiling service, etc. Well, my wife now being a gold status and us in the Hunter Valley, decided to stay again,
Tall thin man on reception did not acknowledge membership, no room upgrade, no water…
Entering our room 307, first floor with lovely view of the kitchen roof, we knew that as the smell of cooking food wafted into the room. The bathroom needs a total makeover - see photos. Don’t think the mop has been over the floor in there for a while. The AC was not working so we left balcony door open.
What a disgusting experience. We are coming to HV end October with 29 Rotary friends. We were going to stay here. No way now.
The room generally is tired, the hotel is tired - why not close it and upgrade!

Room tip: Chose another hotel.
Date of stay: February 2022
2  Thank John V
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2022

Thank you John for your feedback about 307. I have had the maintenance team go in and repair the vanity in this room. I apologise it was not done prior to your arrival.
307 does look over the pool but to the left does also have the main building. You can request to have room locations when making reservations with us. I can't figure out what happened with the air conditioning as I have seen that it is working, not sure if the power had tripped during a storm maybe? As the unit is operational at the moment and is serviced by an external contractor regularly. I apologise this was a cause of frustration for you.
I would love to hear from you directly if you are willing John so I can help you with your recent visit experience and assist with anything going forward. Let me know if you are willing.
Kind regards