4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$203
eDreamsUS$203
FindHotelUS$198
2,169 results
All reviews golf course bedroom villa play golf three bedroom courtesy bus buffet breakfast girls weekend tennis courts full kitchen living area long weekend great weekend mid week wine tasting accommodation golfers facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've stayed at Cypress Lakes before but this visit was really disappointing. The room was supposed to be 'premier' but was looking pretty shabby (particularly the bathroom), with many things broken (including dishwasher and all the phones). This is a beautiful location, and the staff are very friendly, but management needs to spend more money on keeping the place in top condition.

Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Shaun O'Bryan, General Manager at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ASelinaB,

I would like to thank you for kindly taking the time to post your feedback, following your stay with us. Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback.I apologise that some areas of Villa Maintenance has let us down. Our 'Premier' Villas have had a refurbishment in the past 5 years however this did not include the Kitchen or the Bathroom. I have passed on your feedback to our Maintenance Department to look into this and ensure all areas are working prior to arrival

I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves, when your travels next bring you to the Hunter Valley

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at the Cypress Lake resort 3 times over the last couple of years and we alway have a great time no matter what time of the year it is. It's a great place to visit as a family or as a group of friends. The kids love that the pool is heated year round so they can swim. The villas are very equiped and comfortable.

Dear Larochelle35,
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and especially as a return guest. We are delighted to have you stay time and time again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I assumed there would be a washing machine in the three bedroom apartment. There was not. The restaurant was so busy we couldn't get through to order take away. Reception couldn't get through. No dinner that night. We had kids with us. When we did get dinner the next night it was pretty bad.
The place we were needed a makeover. It could use a good cleaning too. A mouse came in through the fireplace as well.

Late check in after 3pm . Room was not ready at 2. Disappointed.

Dear VY,
We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with the Food and Beverage Department. In regards to your comments regarding the washing machines; we do not have washing facilities available onsite. I apologies for any inconvenience caused in this regard.
I would like to thank you for providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

My experience was so awful I left the very next day forfeiting my four day hunter long weekend.

It wasn’t that the phone or Foxtel were not working, it’s the fact that you didn’t fix it as promised.

It wasn’t that there were mice in our apartment, it’s that you knew and didn’t tell us, nor did you respond to fix it or offer some baits as promised in the time you promised. And I had to clean up mouse crap off the floor before we could walk around barefoot. Hardly a relaxing getaway.

It wasn’t that the accomodation was run down, it was that surfaces weren’t even wiped or dusted, and cobwebs hung all over.

It wasn’t that you needed to offer room service, it was that you said you offered it but kept hanging up on us when we called to order, and then we had to go and order and pick up at the bistro ourselves.

It wasn’t that there were cockroaches at breakfast, it was that when I mentioned it to the waitress that we’d killed one, she didn’t even clean it up.

And when I checked out, management wouldn’t even come out of the back office to talk to me. Instead they instructed reception staff to comp the average meal we had on Friday. You should have refunded my whole weekend.

Cypress lakes used to be my preferred hunter accomodation and now it’s the last place I would recommend.

Nice pool though. The other reviews are right about that.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Chmeille,

Thank you for your review. I am concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and I apologise for the service lapses and the inconvenience caused. I would like to discuss this further with you if you could kindly reach out directly to the hotel on (02) 4993 1555

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Instead of one king size bed, 2 smaller beds were put together. Our backs were sore after sleeping on these beds.
Great location. Bistro and bar had yummy food. We enjoyed a game of tennis and my partner played 9 holes of golf. Was great fun and very peaceful

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear Maryspa333,

Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the food at the Bar & Bistro and we able to make use of the facilities such as the Tennis Court and Golf Course. I am sorry to hear that you found the beds to be quite hard, our Housekeeping Team is able to provide mattresses toppers if required.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the property soon