“Beautiful food”

Bolton Street Pantry
Ranked #75 of 619 Restaurants in Newcastle
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Very efficient service from friendly staff.

The Haloumi, smashed Avo and poached eggs, on Turkish with herbs, was amazing!

Coffee was great also.

Very fresh and healthy food.

Bit pricey, but good!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

They don't book tables, but we were able to nab a table for 2 outside. It was quite breezy and cool in the shade, but the blankets over the chairs assisted in warming us up.
The wait staff were a little slow attending to us (we were seated outside, out of eyesight), but once they brought us menus and water, the wait for our coffee order and subsequently our breakfast wasn't long.
Unfortunately my partner's porridge arrived with the corner of a plastic take-away container in it. This was pointed out to the waitress, who apologised and removed the coffees from our bill.
My breakfast - the haloumi and smashed avocado was scrumptious.
The serves were generous.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I dropped in for a late breakfast. Small flat white to start - very nice. Then ordered breakfast. I'm a bit finicky, so I had to explain that I wanted poached eggs but not done so that the entire yolk is runny - a bit runny, but a bit firm. And beside the toast, not on it, please. And some greens, but not 'wilted' (I have no idea why anyone likes wilted greens) - just raw spinach leaves, or even some rocket. They said they had kale, I said that'll do. And English Breakfast tea.

It all came exactly as ordered, it was all delicious.

It isn't a spacious place, but I could get to a table using a walking frame. Plenty of customers - they're clearly popular with the locals. Not cheap, but good ingredients and good service.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Went to buy lunch after never have been to this cafe. As there was no menu or signs I went to ask for menus, i was not aware that its was table service. When i went to order food at the counter the cashier was rude and proceeded to tell me to go somewhere else for food as they were busy. His manner was disgusting. I left and came back to buy two coffees he then again started his abuse. Being the closest cafe to a court house i think you should be a little nicer, you never know how close someone is to breaking.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This place had the best haloumi ive ever had which is huge. The interior was pretty cold, dont think i was a fan of the steel tables. I had smashed avo w/ haloumi. As great as it was the haloumi to avo ratio was way off. Not much avo at all. Really i should dock a star for that but the haloumi was just too good. Haloumi haloumi haloumi