“Out of this world”

Uprising Kitchen and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Newcastle
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Newcastle's best kept secret. Off the main road so a real local haunt. The bread. Oh the bread. So good. As close as you can get to a french baguette. Pies and sausage rolls in scrumptious flakey pastry and patisserie items I'd crawl over broken glass for. The locals beat a path every weekend morning so avoid 830 - 10am if you don't like to queue. Coffee is good too.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This cafe is a pretty cool place to visit. Great interior, and the iced coffee I had was really good, although quite expensive. While too costly to be a regular outing, it definitely makes a good experience.
With love,
Zara Kerras

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The bread is good, it does go ridiculously hard within 24 hours be warned but it is good, isn't cheap nothing on the menu is be warned money vanishes. I have also tried the croissants & danish which are very nice as well, I haven't been able to find the quality outside of Melbourne but this place does come close. The issue I have is the immense attitude of the customer service people, which they have not only at the store but also at the Newcastle market. The arrogance is disgusting, I asked as my 14 year old sister was vegan if they had anything in the cabinet which was vegan. The response was no the the head baker doesn't support vegan she uses butter in everything. Thank you Mrs Attitude & the head baker we now know where we stand on that front! I thought one would get service and pleasantry for the price you fork out for the bread but that isn't this apart of the MO of this bakery!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Love the food here, it's a very groovy little spot and has a nice vibe. Coffee is also good. However it takes too long to order and to be served. Would be great if this was addressed.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We were staying just around the corner. How lucky for us.
We really enjoyed their breads. The hot pies where also fantastic. Coffee was above average and the iced chocolate excellent. We would return without a blink and recommend highly. Well done.