Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 24/09/21
Trip.com
eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews an overnight stay clean bathroom reception motel housekeeping renovation key comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

Major renovations are happening here. The new rooms are fresh, modern and very comfortable. There are more than enough power points to charge all of today's electronic needs and at a height that makes sense. There is a full sized ironing board and a clean iron. Breakfast is served from 6.30am which will suit sales reps and business people. And the food is very tasty with large portions. I met the owners and congratulate them on their vision for the future. There is also a great on-site restaurant

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank TheHolidayHunter
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Spacious room but dark. Large comfortable bed. New lounges & curtains. Small fridge with modest minibar. Small microwave, toaster & jug. Small TV but remote doesn’t work. Large wardrobe. Efficient air conditioner. Lighting is old & inefficient. One not working. Exposed wires beside the bed. The biggest problem is the grotty bathroom. Shower lined with thick scum & grime needs a bottle of bleach & some elbow grease. We showered in thongs because it gave us the creeps. We were told that it was ‘stained’ because the bathrooms need renovation. Yes they need renovation but a really good clean would make them acceptable in the meantime.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 76sharone
Reviewed 1 January 2020

Reception was friendly and efficient. Room was dated but had everything you needed, however the bathroom needed a deep clean for mould and soap scum. Didn’t feel overly comfortable with people milling around near my room drinking as a solo female traveller (didn’t feel like their regular visitor). I noticed that the pool was empty and two large dogs were fenced in the property. Being a downstairs room, I was woken early as people started heading off to work.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank mgnck
Reviewed 14 September 2019

I’ve travelled to Dubbo twice in the last fortnight for work. No one likes being away from home for work but from the moment I walked into reception, the hosts made me feel right at home. They checked me in early, no question, and I was in my room by lunchtime.

The first night I stayed in a king room, bed was incredibly comfortable. Rooms have great blackout capability which was great as I was doing a night shift, meaning I could get some rest after the early start and travel. I ate in the Lions Pride restaurant that evening, meal was absolutely exceptional. I’m not one to make a big deal of a meal but I actually rang home about it hahaha. Service was incredible and the meal was fantastic. I’m a big eater and couldn’t get through it all, all for under $40 (if you like your tucker, get amongst the mixed grill)

Second trip, the only room that was available was a double, but the hosts recognised me straight away and I believe the hosts sorted me a better price and recognised me by face and name straight away, again making the travel away from home feel incredibly homely.

Room the second time around was brilliant. Had been recently renovated and had a really homely feel. Again, bed was super comfortable. Again, blackout blinds were great as I had two night shifts and managed to get a bit of sleep during the day. I ate in the restaurant again this time, same scenario, great meal and great service. Spoke with the hosts and mentioned I wanted to check out early in the morning and we sorted the bill etc straight away, no muss no fuss, just happy to help their clients.

I even locked myself out of my room and there was no problem, just a laugh and a willingness to help.

All in all, the hosts do a great job of making you feel welcome. Great value for money and great service, close to the centre of town and walking distance to food and what not. If I travel to Dubbo again for work, I will only stay here off the back of their exceptional hosts.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Terry C
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

Doesn’t feel like I’m away from home while staying a Countryman. Very friendly staff, great new menu, rooms very warm & comfortable. Highly recommend if your in Dubbo stay here. Rick & Amanda will make your stay every bit enjoyable as my stay.

Date of stay: June 2019