“Straightforward and tasty”

Ristorante Pizzeria Paradiso Da Toni
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Te Anau
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Excellent Italian Food, with fast friendly service, Excellent selection for Carnivores, Vegetarians and Vegans Comprehensive wine list, Peroni on Tap Traditional Italian Pizza cooked New Zealands only rotating Wood fired oven.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ours was a walk-in after finding our target restaurant fully booked. The Paradiso made us feel very welcome and specifically aimed to get our order before a table of eight. The pizza and pasta arrived quickly and was all very good. The atmosphere was buzzing and it ended our long day on a feel-good note.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food is not the let down, their service is, as they panic and there is almost nothing organised. We saw 3 people with mixed up orders in front of us, 2 of our items got forgotten and the starters came in after the main - luckily they refunded those, the staff I couldn't blame as they were trying their best. We waited over 45 mins for our 1st order and at the end any thoughts we had for dessert disappeared.

Really decent setup and reasonably priced, the food is their saving grace.

1  Thank PunitM_12
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My and my boyfriend were looking forward to a night out with a nice dinner after a hard working week. Paradiso were our first choice since we usually have our take away pizza from there and know that they have good food. Anyways, we came and the place were crowded but we got a table anyways which was good. We ordered one starter each, my boyfriend got his quite quick, but I never got mine. Then our pizza came (we had 3 different waitresses already). I got the wrong pizza and also asked about my lost starter, she didn’t apologize but just asked if she should cancel my starter. When I said the pizza was wrong she just turned around without saying nothing looking quite irritated. Then I got the right pizza. Later I ordered dessert and waited half an hour but never got it, it was ONE truffle that I ordered, which should take like 5 minutes, there were not many people left when placing that order. We went to pay without dessert and I told the guy in the bar who we paid, that I got 1 out of 3 orders, he just said “sorry”, and countinued with the payment. Im used to always get discount when mistreated in a restaurant, or at lest someone to come to your table and excuse the mistake. Nothing of this happened and we felt that the waitresses were stressed and didn’t know who ordered what etc.

We also saw the same thing happen to the tables next to us, they were apparently there an hour before us but got there food long after. They got there starter after their main course and had many different waitresses who said different things regarding their order and seemed to be very confused. (Can’t blame them tho for being stressed).

The food was delicious as always but we were very disappointed about our 3 course dinner who became a 1 course dinner without any condolences from any staff.

Date of visit: November 2018
glacialrock, Owner at Ristorante Pizzeria Paradiso Da Toni, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Sorry,It was certainly not the experience you should have had.
Yes , we were extremely short staffed one particular night due to unforseen circumstances which were out of our control, and I am so sorry that was the night you were dining and that it was not the service you should have had, and of course you should have been compensated.
There certainly will not be another evening like that again because we will close rather than be short staffed to that extent ( unfortunately we could not make that call that night due to the very late notice of the tragedy and previous bookings that had been made)
Once again, I, and all my very hard working excellent staff are most sorry.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First of all- I recommend booking as when we left there were queues out the door. The food was fresh and delicious. We had three types of pizza and all had great flavours not like mass produced rubbish. The gnocchi was light and fresh too. One of the best garlic breads I’ve ever tasted.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly welcome by the staff! We ordered two pasta and I had Pollo Alfredo, sliced chicken fettuccine in creamy sauce and there’s some very delicious homemade tomato sauce on top!