“Fantastic Food and Service”

Public Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #35 of 263 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The newest offering by acclaimed restaurant group Wai Dining, Public Kitchen and Bar is now open on the Steamer Wharf. Offering exceptional local cuisine Public Kitchen is all about local produce caught in the hills or farmed down the road or caught off the coast. The closest restaurant to the lake the outdoor terrace is a must dining option to take in the views and enjoy the exceptional sharing dishes on offer. Open daily from 9 am for Breakfast, lunch, bar grazing, drinks and dinner. Open Everyday from Midday till late
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Called in for family dinner and went with the 'chefs recommendation' menu option at $65 per person.
We were treated to a generous and extremely tasty selection of local foods that would have satisfied even the most ferocious apatite.
The service throughout the evening was impeccable, warm and friendly.
A great spot and a real and pleasant surprise

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed 4 April 2021

We came to Public for a nice dinner out, and we had a fabulous night. The food was wonderful, we enjoyed every meal, from the small plates, to mains and desserts. However it was the service that made the night memorable, Ally went above and beyond to ensure our night was as relaxing as possible. She was great with our food allergy requests and we felt confident our concerns were understood and taken seriously. We loved it and will be back!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 31 March 2021

I don't often write reviews, but our family had such a great evening meal here... Felt like we'd found the best spot in Queenstown and the service was so friendly and welcoming and the food was the best both my husband and I had eaten out in a long time. Delicious!

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

The food and the location makes this place to my favorite spot in Queenstown.
Enjoy a stunning view while you have tasty food and excellent drinks.
Thank you so much for the birthday dinner guys.
If you are there ask for Lucy. She and the team are doing an awesome job :)

Reviewed 14 March 2021

My other half and I had a lovely dinner at public.
Lucy our waitress was lovely and extremely attentive. I’m coeliac and allergic to onions but that was no issue at all. Lucy went straight to the kitchen to inform them of my allergies and she returned with a cheat sheet with a chart obviously showing what I can and cannot have. It was brilliant and I wish other places were so accommodating!
A brilliant menu and great drinks!
Thanks again, Lucy and the team!