“Long wait and wrong order”
Review of Pyramid on Gala

Pyramid on Gala
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Decided to grab lunch after the awesome school holiday scavenger hunt that the museum puts on for children. As the cafe is right there it was an easy choice. However, when I ordered two toasted sammies, one of which only had two flavours the girl serving asked if I meant the deluxe toasted sammies and I said no just the ones written on the bottom of the menu - she said she would still have to charge full price even though one only had two fillings instead of three. I thought she meant full price $4 and thought they that's fine! Made it very clear what fillings in each sammie. Ordered a panini out of the cabinet also.
Total came to $50 I was charged for the deluxe sammies.
Wait was incredibly long, people who ordered after me where getting their food before us, something my 8 year old couldn't understand. When our food finally arrived, his Sammie has the particular filling he didn't want. Both had been made with three fillings. Wait was far too long to ask for it to be remade. Understand they were busy as it was lunch time but left disappointed. Especially having been charged incorrectly in the first place.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I commonly stop in for a scone and a cold drink (or a hot drink in winter).

The cheese and bacon (savoury) scones are the best, and the staff always offer to head it up for me and offer butter on the side.

The staff are always friendly, and have a quick chat about the day.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

We visited the museum primarily to see the tuataras - once done what better than a hot coffee and a snack. The staff are amazingly friendly and happy to chat between service and cleaning. Ideally placed near the entrance, right by the gift shop and the entrance to the exhibits.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

The service is always excellent and the food varied and fresh. I combine this with a check on the tuataras and a look at the museum displays.

The coffee is the best in town in my opinion and either morning/afternoon teas/snacks or lunch is never a disappointment. Their Macaroni Cheese in the winter months is first rate!
And a Chocolate Brownie with fresh cream or yoghurt is always a treat.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

After touring Southland Museum and Art Gallery we stopped in for coffee which was delicious, as was our date scone with butter. Comfortable atmosphere, light and bright. And friendly staff.