Bavarian Motel
US$90
Invercargill TOP 10 Holiday Park(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$50
Ascot Park Hotel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$65
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Balmoral Lodge Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$74
US$93
US$88
Orbitz.com
Queens Park Motels(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hacienda Motel(Invercargill)
US$90
US$87
Tower Lodge Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$73
Admiral Court Motel & Apartments(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$66
Agoda.com
Homestead Villa Motel(Invercargill)(Great Value!)
US$71
All reviewsbig bathroomgood sizewould stay againclean tidyfriendly serviceelectric blanketsliving roombluff oystersroad noisethe main roadgreat place to staycomfortable bedthe kitchennetflixrecyclingunittv
Reviewed 15 March 2018

When we told Kiwi friends we were going to Invercargill they asked 'What on earth for?', and they kind of had a point, because if the Bluff oysters aren't on, there's not a lot happening in town.
Nonetheless the Bavarian Motel was a pleasant surprise. The concept a bit kitsch, but thankfully wasn't carried on too far. Staff were very pleasant and efficient, parking was easy, and the room itself was huge. They must have decided we looked infirm because we got a disabled room, with the biggest bathroom we saw all trip. Lovely shower, although late one night the hot water ran out and a cool shower was a challenge.
Big separate bedroom with a 2nd TV, very comfortable bed, nice usable kitchenette and plenty of space in the living room, dining table & easy chairs.
Biggest surprise was the price, which may have reflected the lack of tourist demand. Well worth while joining the Host chain's loyalty program for excellent discounts.
Another bonus was the receptionist giving me a discount card for Buster Crabbe's Restaurant just down the road. Great place, excellent food, sadly we were 2 days early for the oysters.

Room Tip: Room 15 & 16 had the disabled bathrooms. Join Host Motels loyalty program.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BigRedAl99
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in this small complex. Easy to find, parking ouside the unit. Kitchen area with microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge and tableware. Coffee and tea and we were also given fresh milk. Rubbish was emptied during our stay and maybe bed would have been made but I'd made it! Did not expect service. Good shower in big bathroom plus big bedroom and separate lounge/kitchen area. Tv, netflix and fast open wifi. Only thing missing was hanging space for clothes.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily M
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Down Oct 2017-nites chilly,but days windy but sun beaut! Visited 'everyting'-even sent note to Tim Shadbolt
the Mayor (ex Mayor of West Auckland). Cabin was ab. perfect! 2 tvs saw soo much didnt know was 'on'.
Didnt need el. blankie as the duvet was soo yummy! Cooked up some local treats in great oven(can I take home?)/cleaned up in luvly shower/no noise at nite even thou close to road/luvly couple watching over us happy to aid us in any activity booking etc

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank lucillei54
Reviewed 4 November 2017

If you are wondering whether an old motel on the main road heading North could possibly be a good bet - given the excellent accommodation choices in Invercargill - the answer is absolutely. Although situated just off the highway there is surprisingly little road noise in the units. The units are warm, generously sized, and with every need I could think of catered for. The owners have a commendable recycling operation for visitors' waste. The tariff is very reasonable, making this place top value for money. Many thanks for the friendly welcome and pleasant stay and we hope to visit again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MushNZ
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Being a sales rep with RA a disability and travelling 4-5000km a week, by the time I get to my accommodation, it needs to be perfect to me!!
Warm , Quiet,good pressure shower, fast wifi ....
When I turned up I thought oh no it’s on the main road... Then I met the owner, Absolutely lovely, she saw I was tired and had my room ready, 1 bdm apartment, older style..

30 mins after going in knock on door and the owner had made me dinner!!!!
It was fantastic I slept almost the whole night, ticked all the boxes, warm rooms, electric blankets, 2 TVs Netflix great shower...
good sleep full belly oh they have double glazed windows no noise
Carpark outside your apartment...
Book a room ask if she’s cooking dinner for her family and she may just offer dinner back...

I’ll be back