“Food Ok, Customer Service Needs Work”
Review of Taste of Tandoor

Taste of Tandoor
Ranked #166 of 407 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Food was pretty good, but experience spoiled by customer service. The wrong dish came out to our table (mistakes happen, having worked in hospo I get that) but the lady running the food from the kitchen rolled her eyes and was reluctant to accept they had got the order wrong and that I must be confused (I’m vegetarian and this was a meat curry). Instead of accepting the mistake with an apology, the lady made me identify the waitress that took our order and sorted the mistake out in front of our table, embarrassing both me and the waitress. Once sorted, my food came out promptly, which was impressive.

1  Thank DRPolkinson

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I found a hair in my food, and asked the waiter politely whether there anything he could to solve the problem- and he flat out said no. After this we were still charged full price, and left in disarray as I was unfulfilled!! Female waitress was great tho..

1  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I've been here countless times, brought various friends and family members and we all love it here. They have plenty of options for everyone, including vegan (just ask for dairy-free!) and the quality of food is always 10/10. The 2-for-1 is the best food deal I've found around Dunedin, for less than $10 per person you get two generously-sized curries with rice. I can't recommend Taste of Tandoor enough.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Good food though not exactly fine dining, but as expected, food comes fast and service is too. Had the mango chicken and it was great though the sweetness overpowered the spice, so I'd recommend getting it spicy as I got medium spice. The lamb jhalfreze was also good and more kick in its spice. Do get an order of gulab jamun too.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

On reflection, the 2 waiting staff were really nice and attentive without being in your face.

Eating alone @ an Indian restaurant doesn’t allow you to sample as many dishes that you’d like to try.

I stayed with a relatively safe option of the chicken Madras, the waitress asked how hot I’d like it, I responded “surprise me”.

The meal was to my liking though they could have had a bit more chillie.... so, when I paid the bill, I asked, what heat did you order for me....

Initially she was tempted to request Indian hot, however, she chose medium.

My enjoyable meal also included an aloo paratha and a Kingfisher for good measure.

One piece of constructive feedback is: if you provide hot plates, why bring them out 4-5 minutes before the meal??

1  Thank JimK975