“Fun vibe, great service and delicious food”
Review of Mexicano's

Mexicano's
Ranked #47 of 1,192 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The most vibrant, fun & authentic Mexican in Christchurch! Our culinary team are an experienced and diverse mix of top chefs from around the world
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat on Boxing Day and this was one of the few restaurants open. We were not disappointed. We were seated immediately, service was quick and food was delicious. We got a quesadilla, dips and tortillas and fried chicken to share and they were all delicious. Overall good value as well.

3  Thank Shruti G

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Came here on spec after looking for a Mexican restaurant on evening prior to returning to Australia from an NZ trip. The place was full and very busy for a Monday night and was first directed to wait at the bar. However table became available shortly thereafter. The staff from front of house person , bar man and waitress staff were very friendly and attentive. Was extremely please to find they served a Mexican black beer that I had enjoyed in Mexico. Made the mistake of having nachos to start as main meal was more than enough but chose to have the blackboard desert anyway. It more than lived up to its description. All in all it was a great final night in NZ

3  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Wandered in late without a booking. Looked busy. Greeted warmly and a table found immediately. Food came quickly. Great flavours. Kids loved their meals, but they enjoy spicy food. Our waitress was awesome - friendly and helpful. She really made our time in the restaurant feel more like we’d popped over to a friend’s place for dinner. All for a reasonable price. Great work Mexicanos.

3  Thank ShaggyDoc162
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I guarantee you’ll be back again.

Ive lost count of how many times I’ve eaten here, this place is so yummy!
I love it, the atmosphere is great, service fantastic, drinks are so good and the food is always delicious!

Great example of Mexican food.

Must try food:
Fish taco
Oyster mini burgers

Drinks:
Sangria
Blood orange magarita with salty rim.

3  Thank stormhc
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I fell in love with this restaurants food after the first visit so had to come back as soon as I was in chch again. The tortillas are mouth watering and the fried chicken is absolutely delicious. The raw fish was a great combo of flavours and though I can never usually eat much raw fish I was quick to scoff this one down. Most definitely a fav dining spot in chch for me.

3  Thank Elizabeth M