All reviews comfort hotel cuba st express breakfast great location cq hotel rooms are small mini fridge bars and restaurants cuba mall room rate free wifi tea and coffee comfortable room an easy walk stayed nights te papa cable car
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I've stayed at Comfort Hotel few times, it is a basic hotel, which is good for me on business trips, with its great location and a swimming pool for my daily exercise.
However on my last stay August 2018, the hotel was undergoing major structural strengthening the noise during the day is constant and loud. I had an early flight into Wellington and was hoping for a quiet and relaxing afternoon, which proved to be impossible with all the drilling.
It is also a bit gloomy, my previous rooms were on the front rooms, which had much more natural, the middle rooms have only a small window to the middle of the building, bedside table lamps and a light over the desk. It is a shame, next time in Wellington won't stay here until the renovations are done, unless only going to the hotel for the sleep.

Room tip: front rooms have more natural light but get the noise from the street
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Joice G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Wellington. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. We aim to make everyone's stay at CQ Wellington a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We're committed to providing the best possible accommodation and service so I've taken your review on board to help us improve our day to day operations.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I enjoyed my stay here, it was for 1 night only, so I didnt have much luggage, small room, clean and it was quiet if your on a tight budget I would stay here.
Right in the middle of Wgtn so easy to get anywhere

• Trip type: Traveled on business
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Riwai G,

Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The shower was amazing! Room was very basic, but all we needed, probably would have been handy to have a mini fridge. We used the spa bath, except it was just a bath. Nice coffee at cafe. Lovely service, very helpful and approachable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Maria D,

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

One of our chosen places to stop on route to South island...rooms comfortable, clean, quiet...great hot shower..striking distance from great placed to eat..atmospheric part of town..needs more time than one night..much to enjoy and take time over

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank swallowtails1
NLIHarper, General Manager at C Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear swallowtails1,

Thank you for taking time to give us this gracious review which we are appreciative of! We are glad to have made your stay an enjoyable one! Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back at CQ Wellington. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I travel frequently to Wellington on business, often last minute. I usually stay elsewhere but the Comfort Hotel was the only place that had a room available for 3 nights. I would have preferred it's sister hotel, the Quality Hotel but it codnt accomodate my needs.

Booking was easy, reception staff were friendly, professional & helpful.

My room was nice and clean but very small. I had anticipated it would be small but I hadn't anticipated just how small. The lighting was sparse. Just a couple of low watt bedside lights. Gloomy is how I would describe it. The bathroom was small. There was a basin but nowhere to put things. The shower cubicle was small but the water was instantly hot and it was a really strong jet of water. Lovely!

The head of my bed must have right next to the shower in the room next door. He or she was an early riser and it sounded like the shower was in my room.

A couple of times each night I would be woken by sirens pealing loudly as police cars went racing past.

It's close to restaurants in Cuba St and other CBD locations.

The breakfast restaurant provided good options.

It is a good place if you are travelling on a budget.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank John S

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I have taken careful note of your comment in regards to the size of the room. As you noticed, the Comfort Hotel is a prestigious 3 Star Plus Qualmark heritage building dating back to the 1800s. The hotel provides all of the basic necessities, comfortable and well appointed rooms in the middle of a very unique and vibrant heart of the Capital, Cuba Street. Our economy rooms are compact, but are definitely a good option for travellers
During your next visit in Wellington, you may consider to reserve a room into the adjoining Quality Hotel Wellington, 4 Star Plus Qualmark, all suites are very spacious with Queen size beds and equipped with modern kitchenettes. Adjoining shared facilities within the CQ Complex are an heated indoor pool and spa, fitness room, 24h reception, room service, restaurant, bar and café.
I really appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.