“Yum!”

Ranked #24 of 148 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely food here, it took a while for our food to come because the place was so busy but the service was excellent - a testament to the wait staff. It deserts looked amazing but the pizza was quite large so we had to giver a miss! Definitely would come back for it

Write a ReviewReviews (2,133)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It says a lot about a manager when the wait staff have to come and apologise for the way the manager dealt with a situation and the way they spoke to you. Also when other customers comment that it was rude and uncalled for. When our drinks came out they were not very cold, throughout our meal I noticed that my partner wasn’t drinking his beer and I asked what was wrong and he said that it wasn’t cold and was warm. So when the wait staff next came past I waved them down and said the the beer was room temperature, she apologised and said she would try get a cold one, soon enough the manager was storming over and started arguing with us that the beer was definitely cold when it came out. Well it wasn’t, otherwise he would have been drinking it, there were only 2 sips gone from the glass and beer takes a lot longer than 15 minutes to go from ice cold as it should be served to then be room temperature... especially when you are sitting outside on a cold winters evening. But nothing called for the manager to speak to us the way he did and when I tried to tell him that it had been warm the whole time he just spoke over me. I also witnessed the manager yelling at and speaking to his staff rudely. A man like this is gonna run a place that has good potential into the ground. Lucky for him
His wait staff are so lovely and attempted to diffuse the situation on his behalf.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently went to Dixie Brown’s at the insistence of my daughter who had been there before with friends.
It was very full for lunch guests but we were given seats to sit in until table became available. Luckily, wait was very short and we were seated at comfortable table near fireplace.
My daughter ordered avocado/ beef bagel (I think) and I ordered fresh snapper pan fried on bed of Indian flavoured rice. Both meals were very good and reasonable portions.
I also ordered a glass Sav Blanc which was great and my daughter got chilled water in stainless steel jug - also great.
Service by all staff was excellent and courteous. Great stuff.
I have visited Taupo quite a lot in recent times so will be paying them a visit again in the future.
Would recommend to all visitors to Taupo and I’m sure the locals already know it is fantastic.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a family dinner for my husband birthday. We arrived with no booking but they had a table available. The food was delicious and great service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty good for diner food, but almost none of our order was right. They made it right, but it took awhile and several attempts. I would come back for just coffee and treats, the fresh scones were good.