Malabar Restaurant (Indian & Nepalese cuisine)
Ranked #1 of 151 Restaurants in Taupo
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At The Malabar we bring to you the fine art of balancing taste, flavor and aroma. We capture the essence of traditional Indian & Nepalese cuisine and present it with contemporary flair. The result is a menu that’s authentic as well as innovative. We offer a blend of culturally rich cuisine of the Indian peninsula and the freshest New Zealand produce – prepared by our award -winning chef with a touch of his own alchemy.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Great food a reasonable price. We had Malabar prawns and kasmiri rice....just fantastic....highly recommend

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Both way we stop by at Taupo and enjoyed the food at Malabar. All the food served were amazing and best of all were Nepalese style goat curry, Dal, nan and prawn. This is a must eat for those looking for true cuisine from Nepal.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

An excellent fusion of Indian and Nepalese cuisine. Went with waiters recommendation and were very impressed. A must if in Taupo

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I love Indian cuisine as my wife is Sikh and I just love the food. This place while not a genuine Indian restaurant—it is Nepalese. Is amazing. I had the goat curry and it was delicious. The bone is in the dish but this only makes it more tender and tasty. My wife is vegetarian and the dishes that she selected were also very good as I could not help but eat everything that was left over. This is a must eat for those looking for authentic cuisine from India/Nepal.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Had dinner with friends on 2 Sept. The moment we walked in, we were served by a friendly staff who sit us down with the warmest smile. Food was good favoured, good portion and good value for money. Recommended and will be back for more soon!