“Amazing food!”
Review of Mamma Rosa

Mamma Rosa
Ranked #16 of 268 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Description: Imperfetto is a small authentic Italian pizzeria. Pizza is made in the traditional italian way, baked in a wood fire oven served with a big side of love.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food is mouth watering, amazing tastes with every bite to indulge on a full range of superb flavours!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (440)

Reviewed 1 April 2021

If you’re looking for authentic Italian food (which I’m a huge fan of) - look elsewhere, this place got nothing to do with it. Terrible food and something that felt just like frozen pizza from a grocery store ruined my evening. Do not make the same mistake, don’t trust the rating, this place is gross!

PS. I left my feedback originally in Google, but owner decided to insult me in response. Very unprofessional. So here we go another review thank you very much.

Date of visit: March 2021
Deep, Owner at Mamma Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Ciao Dmitry
Now you have definitely proved your point .
All I see is so much hate in your review.
All I can say that you know how frozen pizzas taste like that you felt it ,may be you are used to having frozen pizzas that the taste have left on your palate.
Question. Did you raise the issue at the restaurant or you just a key warrior who likes to write hate reviews. We take so much proud for our pizzas. I am so sorry you missed the opportunity
Arrivederci

PS you did not raise this issue at the restaurant which we could have fixed rather you want to be a key warrior

Reviewed 30 March 2021

The pizzas were good - but that’s where the praise ends. I cannot recall having been to a restaurant with a service as slow as this one. At the time visiting there were only two other customers dining in, but it took almost one hour for our two pizzas to be served. When you act as a one-man-show that tries to cover front of house, table service, preparing drinks, assembling the pizzas and running the wood fired oven, man the till while also catering take away demands, and you have not worked out that you are seriously understaffed you probably cannot be helped. Serving red wine that was so warm that it almost tasted like the glasses were put next to the pizza oven for a while did not help either. I do not think I can bring up enough patience to go through this again and will certainly dine elsewhere next time.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank GlobalGerbil
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

This little place is busy and after eating there I see why!
We had a couple of pizzas (4 cheese & margarita) which were tasty with great bases.
We couldn’t resist the gelato to finish and it was delicious too (the tiramisu flavour was the best).
Service was friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank 137leannee
Reviewed 10 January 2021

Firstly I would like to caveat my review with the fact that I am from this part of the world, my father was a chef in an Italian restaurant and therefore I know better than most what an Italian restaurant should be.

The food was good, hence the two rating. And they changed our booking time at the last minute which again was appreciated. And there is a proper pizza oven.

BUT, the restaurant only had one person working when we arrived - he was taking bookings, making food, taking orders, greeting customers and serving. An hour to the service most tables were full.

As a result it was all very chaotic, rushed and impersonal. It took almost an hour for the pizzas to arrive. About an hour into the serving another waiter joined him which improved the pace.

There was absolutely no Italian feeling at all. No twist of cracked black pepper, no chilli oil offered even though it was sitting on the counter, no parmesan, no passion to the place at all. No checking if everything was ok, no asking if we wanted another drink.

The two waiters were clearly not Italian, which isn't a problem of course, but they didn't seem to create any atmosphere at all which for an Italian restaurant is a proble.

I wish we had taken the food out and had it back in our holiday home which would have had more feeling.

The music was a mix of Spanish music and Mexican mariachi which sadly sums this place up.

I am sure that not many people would care but I was quite disappointed sadly.

Date of visit: January 2021