“Cleaned my plate”

Ranked #10 of 269 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

Food 10/10

My wife and I headed here for takeout, but decided to dine in. We ordered the banquet, which is a great price for what you get. It lets you try 3 curries, veggies and the naan.

Absolutely delicious. There was nothing wrong with the food. I wish my stomach was bigger so I could of fit more.

The staff were pleasant, I didn’t get to chat with any of them till I was paying, no one came to check if the food was alright.

They were however getting absolutely flogged with the amount of patrons flowing in and out of the restaurant though, so I understand the pain of the 3 wait staff.

If you are in Rotorua for a night, you have to try this Indian restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,790)

Reviewed 25 March 2021

We visit Indian Star regularly the service is always outstanding and the food delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2020
1  Thank MaoriandWhiteboy
Reviewed 22 March 2021

Loved the food. Prices very reasonable. Great service with very friendly staff. Would definitely eat here again. Came back 2 nights later for a second meal and still wonderfull. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 18 March 2021

We were trying to find a restaurant at 9.30 at night on a Tuesday night and were greeted with a smile by the super friendly professional staff here who were most welcoming and brought us beautiful food for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 March 2021

We ordered Indian from here while in Rotorua after seeing some amazing reviews and it certainly didn't disappoint. The curries were nice, thick and creamy and there was lots of chicken through it. Our cheese naans were delicious and cheesy. Would recommend to others :) also it was a nice bonus having a discount for picking up takeaways when ordering online.

2  Thank Carrie185