Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$139.60
from US$111.60
from US$109.50
More Info
All reviews government gardens main pool large pool awards dinner conference dinner hot pools polynesian pools change rooms rotorua museum couple of hours roman chlorinated lengths stage signage spa sulphur
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Loved it. Such a beautiful baths. We nearly had it to ourselves. Loved the place from top to bottom.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I don't know why this place isn't mentioned in more tourist information....it's an absolute gem. I felt as though I'd stumbled into a cross between the Roman Baths and and Art Deco experience....definitely another time zone full of atmosphere, and I loved it. Apart from the swimming pool aspect this is a wedding/conference venue with the former indoor pool now kitted out beautifully as a ballroom type area. I think there may be an archive area upstairs showing the history and restoration of the place, and kicked myself for not exploring more. Also, being a chilly weekday afternoon THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE THERE!!! Imagine, a whole swimming complex to myself! The open air large pool is thermally heated (but not thermal water), beautifully clean and lovingly restored with original tiles and signage. There are 2 hotter smaller soak pools which are under cover, and there is a seating area at one end. The change rooms, while adequate, could probably do with a few private cubicles but that's minor. I spent a couple of hours doing things I've never done in a public pool before.......my own awkward slow lengths without getting swamped or embarrassed at my lack of style and ability; floating on my back in the middle of the pool with eyes shut....maybe I even snoozed afloat!! Such a relaxing afternoon, and a fraction of the price of the rush and bustle touristy place. Heaps of parking, right beside the Museum and petanque/bowling greens.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Located close to the Polynesian Spa and the Government Museum, this building now caters for private functions. Enjoyed the function that I attended at this facility.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived about an hour before closing and was able to enter. The small pools were hot but not so hot you can’t stay in them. The main pool is big enough for proper swimming. The changing rooms are being renovated so women had to change in the toilet and it is hard to dry off and change when there is no where to put your clothes or step away from puddles.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a business conference awards dinner at this unique and stunning venue. What a setting! Beautifully presented tables in the old pool with canopies overhead, and the outdoor pool lit up as a backdrop.

Date of experience: March 2018