“yummy food & drink”

Good George Brewery and Dining Hall
Ranked #35 of 397 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The original Good George bar and home of the Good George Brewery. Established in an old 1960's church on Somerset Street Hamilton you can grab a seat inside or underneath our brew tanks in our garden bar and watch as our team of award winning brewers craft the Good Beer and Good Cider right here on site. We host weekly/monthly brewery tours and show you the ins and outs of how we brew the Good Beer. Your Good George Dining Hall has a full kitchen, garden bar and friendly team of bar staff and servers to tend to ensure your drink is never empty and any hunger fed.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a great place to eat & drink. There was a special on the day we visited regarding the pizza's at a reduced price. The blokes had the pizzas, whilst we females had the fish and chips. All were very tasty. To drink we had 3 of the tasting ciders. The service was very good and the staff polite. Would recommend a visit here if in Hamilton. We would go again when next in New Zealand and visiting Hamilton.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently discovered George - an excellent and imaginative brewery and restaurant in Cambridge
Friendly service , menu with plenty of choice, food well presented and well prepared
Seemed to suit all ages
Would definitely recommend

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I live near Good George so it is my local pub/bar. I often have visitors from overseas stay with me and I always recommend they go to Good George. I like the atmosphere there, the staff are friendly and I have never had a bad meal. I have been more than 10 times and ordered different things to eat and enjoyed them all. I like their cider and suggest people try the tasters (5 selections of different beer or cider) just so you can choose your favourite. I'll keep going myself and keep sending my visitors too. It is a great place to visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

As soon as I got off the bus in Hamilton I headed straight for the Good George because the beer is excellent as there is a wide choice. Plus the staff are always friendly and chatty. I nearly always go for my favourite - IPA - but also tried the APA which was stronger. I had lost my loyalty card but they were kind enough to add my points manually until they gave me a replacement. The outside seating area has improved inside it is spacious and comfy. The best pub in Hamilton for me.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Have been here lots of times for evening meals
Pleasant friendly staff
Busy family type place but can have a good conversation too
Nice menu
Think the wine by the bottle is a little expensive for ordinary label but that’s ok
Meal well presented and tasty served fairly quickly for fresh food dessert is tempting but affrogato minus alcohol is a really nice dessert option of course the big cookie is the best really lovely and huge big enough for 2 people