“Fresh Pasta in a lovely setting...eat in or take away.”
Review of Pasta & Cuore

Pasta & Cuore
Ranked #62 of 2,451 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We sat outside in back and had absolutely wonderful pasta...when my husband asked for some parmesan cheese for his dish the lovely young Italian woman who brought our dishes asked if he had tried the dish because it was "really" not designed to have cheese on top...he had not tried it but took her advice and the dish was wonderful. She was genuinely concerned that his request would change the dish-she was right. This is traditional home cooking and pasta. This is a small, friendly neighborhood restaurant that is definately worth going out of your way to try. MAKE a reservation!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This authentic Italian restaurant makes its own pasta on the premises for sale to take away or as delicious dishes in their outdoor rear courtyard or small indoor area. Seated in the quiet courtyard we were blown away by the special gnocchi with pork sausage and the tagliatelle with parma ham and lemon zest. The homemade Tiramisu to finish was light and creamy. With a bottle of wine the meal came to NZD125. The servers, all Italian, were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable on the Italian only wine list.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here with friends just after we arrived from London. You must go here.. the fresh pasta was the best we have had anywhere .. try the tortellini with tomato sauce.. delicious as was the sage & Parmesan & service lovely.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Well ... I had been here for work lunches and was keen to come back with my honey. The food and vibe is traditional home cooked comfort food and it is delicious comforting food that I am guessing, cos I just don't know, is what your Italian mama would cook for you. The staff are friendly and pretty attentive. The eggplant dish we had was lovely...but small and seemed a little expensive although the delicious homemade breads that came with it were pretty amazing. We also had the vegetarian tortellini with a sage butter which was so good we ordered more bread to mop up the butter sauce with. The polenta dish screamed eat a HUGE plate of me in front of the tv on a rainy cold day and the desserts were pretty darn spectacular. The lemony mousse was sharp and perfect. Overall, the food was great and the service only fell down a little when we ordered more wine that never came...but hey ho it didn't really matter...the food was great. I appreciate the work that has gone into the menu and the food was without fault. The low key decor is nice for lunches and a summery evening but the chairs could be a little more comfy. Going back and not being on the work dollar did make me think the prices were a little, well pricey and have a more fine dining vibe than the low key comfort food vibe. However, it is in the heart of Mt Eden and the food has a lot of work involved so maybe I'm just being cheap.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Real Italian. Watch the guy in the window making Fresh pasta everyday. Outside seating and had a fabulous Gnocchi and my partner the divine Lasagne. Service exceptional. Only Italian wines available. (staff helpful) great recommendations on Italy and the fabulous cuisine. Great thing is you can call into this unique place and chose your own HANDMADE pasta for dinner and purchase the delightful sauces to match. Its a YES from me.. Regards Michelle S