“Top breakfast ”

Federal Delicatessen
Ranked #27 of 2,414 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: 'The Fed' is all about informality, fun and generosity. Think hand-cut speciality meats, cured lox, gourmet sandwiches deluxe salads & dessert pie by the slice.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed really great muesli with stewed rhubarb while my wife had poached eggs. Nice to eat outside. Top staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,207)

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Excellent eatery, we ate their 3 times and each time it was perfect. The food was great and staff very friendly

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

First restaurant in NZ, for a quick lunch and we were not disappointed at all.

The service was outstanding. The waitress paid always attention. Great. We were able to get a table outside. Even better.

The menu is quite clear, just a couple of dishes to select - excellent. Everything is freshly homemade including a lot of beverages like iced tea or soda. Everything we ordered was really well prepared and tasty.

The prices are fairly set for the service. For brunch this restaurant is an excellent choice, big recommendation. We have no idea if there's another menu for dinner.

Only downsides from our (European) point of view: Plastic glasses for the tab water and the menu is a coaster for your plate.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited here for brunch on Good Friday. What a wonderful find. You feel like you have stepped into a New York Deli. The menu is fabulous with many choices and the filtered never ending coffee is just great. The place itself is just across the road from Sky City so if you are staying at a near by hotel I say ditch the hotel breakie and try here you won’t be disappointed. Staff are amazing and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My husband and I were on a guided tour of New Zealand and we stayed at the hotel across the street from the deli. After tiresome flights and delayed luggage, we wanted something for dinner that wasn't far away. We got a table outside, but I could tell the place was busy. I had a chicken salad and my husband had pastrami on rye and we also ordered a potato latke to share. We both enjoyed the food thoroughly. So much, we went back a breakfast and lunch. The menu isn't extensive and I didn't see a "deli counter", but what we had was very good. Note, if you order the pastrami (and this maybe true of other sandwiches), make sure you tell them you want it on bread. If you don't, you may just get the meat. The third time eating there, was ate inside. The inside seating area is a bit tight, so anyone in a wheelchair may have some maneuvering to do. The staff friendly and helpful and the inside eating area was clean.