Hotel Grand Windsor
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$110
  • Pool
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$112
US$127
US$102
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$38
US$37
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$111
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Waldorf St. Martins Apartment Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$95
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$99
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$151
US$105
  • Pool
YMCA Hostel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$42
Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$93
Priceline
  • Free Internet
All reviewsnewly refurbished hotelbeautiful hotelenjoyed a night staylovely boutiquesuperior king roomcomplimentary upgradeloved this hotelskybus stopfitness centersmall thingscentral business districtqueen streetearly hourssmall hotelturn down serviceroom was spotlessvalet service
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Here's the squealing pig part of my review - this hotel is NOISY! I mean really, really, really noisy. There are several night clubs just below the hotel and their music goes thumping on until 3-4AM. Depending on the room you stay in, you could be in for an "all nighter" even if you don't want it. I slept on the floor of the bathroom with the doors closed, with earplugs in AND my phone playing just to drown out the sound of the music from 8 floors below. I didn't get to sleep until 4AM when the music finally subsided and I was able to return to the bedroom. If you are staying on Friday or Saturday night - prepare yourself! They have NOT and most likely will NOT be able to change this with the city council.
Here's the lipstick part - this is a very lovely hotel. We were "upgraded" to a fancy suite in the corner on the 8th floor. This of course was not an upgrade but a strategic tactic of the hotel to put someone who was only staying one night in the loudest room in the hotel. And then they compensate you for not getting any sleep with a breakfast or free parking. It's not worth it!
The suite was lovely, the furnishings were beautiful, the bed was comfortable though EXTREMELY close to the wall at the foot of the bed making it really difficult to pass by (especially at night). I'm a pretty small person so if you are even slightly overweight, this room would not be acceptable to you because you'd never be able to get around to the other side of the bed where the TV is.
We had a lot of issues with the remote controls both in the bedroom and living area. And we also had a problem with the design aspect of the shower as the only ledge for placing shampoo or soap was quite high (above the shower door) and I'm 169cm and had to stretch to reach it.
It's a pretty hotel no doubt. It has lovely fixtures and high end amenities. It's just not worth the price they're charging for a room where you're meant to be able to sleep and you don't actually sleep.

Room Tip: Stay only midweek when the nightclubs aren't open
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cownsheep
NivzerD, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

I am very disappointed to hear about the noise that marred your stay with us. This is something we take very seriously and are determined to make sure we turn this experience around for you in the future.

Can I therefore please request you to contact me on nivzer.dadabhoy@hotelgrandwindsor.com to discuss this further?

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly doorman, corgience and front counter.
Have all neccesities in the room(iron board, iron, hot water, fridge etc)
In central location near to all attraction.
You get for wt you pay.
Tips: Take super shuttle for your trip to and fro airport!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
NivzerD, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Good Morning Nadia

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this wonderful review.

Our team will be thrilled to hear about your feedback and appreciation.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Grand Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We based ourselves here to for a university graduation. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We stay in a lot of hotels but will remember this place as being rather special. Even given a minor misunderstanding, they couldn't do enough to make our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank RidgwayPark
NivzerD, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Grand Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Good Morning RidgwayPark

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this wonderful review.

First of all on behalf of the team here, I would like to congratulate the graduate on their special day. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed the overall experience. Our staff will also be pleased to hear about your appreciation.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We had a very warm welcome when we arrived and had a lovely room on the second floor. However, there is an issue with the next door neighbour to the hotel which was having a student night and the very loud music went on well into the early hours. I was given some ear plugs by the hotel around 1.30pm and they did offer a free breakfast as compensation. They are trying to get the issue sorted with the local council but need complaints from guests! Hopefully this will not take too long as it is a lovely hotal and in a great location. Staff could not be faulted.

Room Tip: Not the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Good Morning Alison

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this review.

While we are delighted with your review of our hotel and staff, it is disappointing to hear about the noise that marred your overall stay. Please accept my apologies for this. We are optimistic about this issue being brought under control soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I booked this hotel for a business trip to Auckland since it was one of the places that was chosen by the organisers. When I arrived I was crestfallen--I had stayed at this very hotel back in 2013, and it was one of the worst stays I had ever experienced anywhere outside of the former USSR. However, it seemed that things had changed a bit since then, so I figured I would just see what happened. What a change!! Not only is the building itself a lot cleaner, brighter and more welcoming, but the same can be said for the staff, who are universally helpful, friendly, and pleasant in equal measure. The room was also nicely appointed, with very comfortable bed, nice bathroom, good soaps, all the things you'd hope for. Breakfast, which was included, was very nice (the misspelling of "muesli" on the little sign on the buffet was the only thing I could criticise) and quite ample.

If I had to complain about anything, it would be the over-abundance of pillows on the bed, which is a pet peeve of mine (and hardly unique to this hotel), which results in a pile of them being thrown on the floor when we wanted to go to bed. Also, there was a lovely little pastry waiting for us when we checked in, which looked absolutely beautiful but which we did not get to before we left for the day after our first night. When we returned for the second night, it was gone, replaced with a little box of (very nice) chocolates. I have really mixed feelings about that pastry--I hate the fact that someone went to all that trouble to create it, only to have it wasted, and would have loved it if I could have had it on my return to the room. But that's a very very minor thing.

I would happily stay here again, and I'm sure I will, since the location is fantastic, and the price is quite sharp.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Good Morning James

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this fabulous review.

Your appreciation of the revamped Hotel Grand Windsor and our staff is highly valued. The owners and designers have done a marvellous job in transforming this property making it what it is today.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the pillows which will surely be addressed. I apologize the pastry was taken away when we perhaps should have left in there...with the chocolates as well!