Alderney on Hay
US$97
  • Room Service
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Panpacific.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$107
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$92
ibis Perth(Perth)
US$94
US$83
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$66
US$60
US$56
US$54
Hotels.com
Novotel Perth Langley(Perth)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
All reviewsindoor poolhay streetsofa bedundercover parkingwe've stayedgreat accommodationfull kitchenground floorwashing machinecat busan overnight stayperth cityswan riverlaundrywacacricketdryer
Reviewed 25 December 2017

These apartments are in East Perth which is still easy walking distance to the center of Perth. The rooms are clean and spacious with kitchen facilities but the beds are nothing special still good value for money. We will stay again for convenience but not for that special weekend.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room I suggest you ask. Upper floors and at the back are best. Lower floor rooms on the road side can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Do Not stay here, they are thieves.
During our 1 night stay, my friend noticed a small black mark on a wall, approx. thumbnail size, and thought nothing of it.
A few hours after we had checked out, she received a call from the hotel. At first she was happy, as she realised she had left her necklace on the bathroom sink.
Instead, they said there was no necklace and accused us of drawing a penis on the wall ie the black smudge.
Keep in mind we are in our 40's, not 15 years old.
As the deposit was on my credit card, I called them disputing the claim. I have left messages 3 times for the manager, who has refused to return my calls.
I have cancelled my credit card, which will not stop the charge, but will set the dispute process by my CC company.
The room charge was $118, they are charging me the full $250 deposit to paint over a thumbnail size "penis" that we did not create.
I am also in the process of contacting consumer affairs.
You have had fair warning.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank winmor25
Richard A, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Winmor25,

Thank you for your feedback, as disputable as I find it.

Prior to your check in 3 people check these apartments. These are the Housekeeping staff-members who clean the room, the maintenance personnel and the Manager. Once the client checks out the apartment is checked prior to bond release.

These procedures are set so that the correct person is billed for damages to the apartment. This apartment was checked following the previous occupants departure and prior to your arrival.

We have a large number of people who stay at our property from a large variety of backgrounds, cultures and religions, and we do not target individuals for undue charges. People are only charged where damage has occurred during their stay. In your instance, it was clear the drawing on the wall was made by your party.

We charged this as we had to put the room out of order, sand and paint the wall where the damage was caused. You are most welcome to contact Consumer Affairs as we will provide them with the same evidence provided to yourself.

Given your indecent behaviours during your stay, you are no longer welcome at our property.

Kind Regards,
Richard

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I booked this hotel through a booking agent online, whilst staying in a wonderful hotel in Singapore. The day before pur arrival i received a phone call demanding that I fill out their forms to authorise a A$250 deposit! Yes! $250 for a single night stay. AS we were travelling i had no access to a printer to complete the said forms, therefore it was demanded that i photograph my passport and credit card otherwise they would not accept the booking. By this point it was getting too hard so i asked to cancel the booking which they declined as it was in the hands of the booking agent. I sent them the photos, despite it being insecure and in my view unprofessional way to conduct business.
Their reception closes at 9.30pm therefore if you arrive later, they leave a key in a secure box. so here we are, 1.30am with all our cases, its raining, I get the key, but you cant use the front door, you have to go in through the rear entry in the car park.
The whole process was the most impersonal and unfriendly one I have ever come across.
The room has basic facilities, the bed is small, there was dark hairs in the shower and the bedspread was stained.
to cap it all off, it took over a week to have my $250 deposit returned.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Richard A, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear swagman6111,

Thank you for staying with the Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay.

I am sorry to here you did not have an enjoyable experience.

As listed on our website and on booking agent websites, our reception closes at 9pm. We note that should you be arriving after this time you must contact reception. It is also listed on these websites that we require a $250 security deposit.

As you did not contact us to arrange late check in we had to contact you. At this point you told us you would be arriving after reception hours. Therefore we needed these forms filled in to organise the security deposit and to prove your identity as otherwise we would not get paid by your travel agent. As you booked through a travel agent it is not in our power to cancel this and you were informed that you must contact your booking agent for any cancellations or amendments.

I am unsure of your complaints regarding the room as it was inspected by three people both before and after your departure as you had been difficult to deal with and we expected a poor review. We found no issues with the room. As for the bond, the release period is set by your bank and we have no control over this.

Regards,
Management

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Very disappointed by our visit. For what we paid for the hotel we thought the hotel was ok. great for a small family to stay for a short trip and we were even looking forward to bringing other families for holidays. The pool was ok and the kids enjoyed having that extra luxury.
Our enjoyment came to an end around 7.45am when my 11 yr old son was catching water that was falling from above. Yes a silly thing to do! But as silly as most 11 yr old boys are, he thought it was funny, and was having a bit of harmless fun trying to catch the falling water. Well not that funny when we get a knock at the door accusing him of throwing the water.
No one answered my call to say what was happening. No one saw him, apparently they just saw him standing there. Yes i understand that kids do silly things and if it was him i would agree that it was being a nuisance. But i was watching him. We immediatly packed our belongings and went downstairs to checkout. Only to be told that we had to wait an hour to check out.
The manager continued to come out and talk with us, getting very close, deffensive, in our face trying to bully and intimidate my husbad. We were also greated again and again with rude comments. Our appologies, we were also getting upset at this stage because we had 3 children with us witnessing this erratic bahaviour. The managers reasoning to why it must have been our son was because it was a Malaysian group that apparently got wet and all of the rooms above ours were also Malaysian groups. So they wouldnt wet each other.
Both my husband and I volunteer our time in a youth organisation and we pride ourselves in teaching our children and our children about the importance of Anti-discrimination and also Anti-Bullying. I really do think you need to take a lesson in customer service. As discrimination is both illegal and immorral under any circumstances.

Be wary as you will be found guilty until proven innocent which by reading reviews does't seem to be an isolated event. This cost us $100. It is not the money that is the real issue here. i think you should feel a little ashamed of treating customers this way. Have you not heard the saying a good review goes on by 4, but a bad review goes on by 10.

You really do have a good little appartment and pricing is reasonable but customer service is what brings people back!! I hope for your sake that you change and realise that you may be doing your business a huge injustice by acting this way.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Lacey O
Richard A, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

In regards to your son who was seen by the guests in question to have thrown the water from your balcony. Prior to this the floor was empty and I don't see how he can catch water that's dropping as you made out to be. (this whole event took only a second and I do not understand how your son could plan to catch water???) Of the three apartments above yours one was accommodating the a Malaysian group whom were downstairs waiting for their bus, another the property manager and the third was accommodating a older permanent resident who we have had no issues during the past.

Your review claims that you were watching your child, however you told the manager and the reception staff that you were asleep at the time of the incident and the child was in the balcony on his own when the manager knocked on your door. (the manager also put on his report that you were woken up by him that morning and the child was in the balcony on his own) Also all calls made from your phone was answered and it was carried by the manager you spoke to and he was in the property at the time of the incident. He was only a few meters away from these overseas visitors. Two of these guests clearly identified the apartment it came from and shouted at your son saying I saw you.

The manager and a staff member viewed apartments above you and found they were all dry and your apartment had water in the balcony and the one below had water in the balcony spilled from your apartment.

The property does not tell people to wait to check out, guests are free to vacate as they see fit using our after hours key drop. All you need to do is drop your keys and drive off this was mentioned on your paperwork which you signed on check in.

I am very unsure how you claim to have been discriminated against or what exactly this discrimination was. Let me confirm to you that there was no discrimination against you. We are a multi-cultural company with a large range of customer and staff cultures and religions.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had an emergency trip to Perth for an overnight stay. Found a great deal online for this place and found everything to our liking. As we were checking in after hours we found the communication with the staff very good. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Great shower pressure. And the front desk staff were very helpful. Its also very handy to downtown, allowing us to walk, and good restaurants and pubs. We will happily stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Richard A, Manager at Alderney on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Diznjen,

Thank you for staying with us at the Starwest Apartments Alderney on Hay.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We try our best to ensure all our guests have great accommodation at the best prices.

Kind Regards,