“An Eye for a Pie!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The Tuck Shop Cafe is a relatively small, unpretentious cafe but punches above it's weight. Whilst it can be a little cramped during a busy service, and parking in Newcastle St. can be a bit of a hassle, the place keeps me coming back for more.

Having dined for breakfast and lunch, the cafe is a great option for either. They offer a good range of breakfast/brunch options that include some nice dishes that are not simply 'standard brunch options,' such as the brown rice nasi goreng which is superb. The Toby's Estate coffee too is consistently good.

The real highlight in my opinion is the lunch offerings, and the specialite du maison are the pies! Lovely, flakey, buttery pastry with good quality fillings and a generous portion. I cant go past the beef and stilton pie with a side of mushy peas, which satisfies every time.

I seriously recommend checking out the Tuck Shop Cafe, but be aware parking can sometimes be a problem.

2  Thank tims0291

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I had the granola and a green smoothie here for breakfast and I can it fault the place. It was busy for a Friday morning but I was served in good time. Customer service was good and staff appeared to be on the ball. Smiling and also talking to regular customers by their names. That's a good sign.

1  Thank DocRah6
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I went to the Tuck Shop based on rave reviews and was a little disappointed. The staff were quite disorganised which really shows on a busy Saturday morning. I had a pie and a coffee. The pie was okay but definitely not the best I’ve had. The coffee took ages and when I eventually got it it had a burnt/bitter taste which to me is unforgiveable

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We went for Breakfast based on the TripAdvisor reviews.

I had kransky sausage with egg and Rosti. Rosti was overcooked, falling apart and wife's brioche (croque Monsieur) was far from its French original version. More like a toasted sandwich in the sauce.
We found prices dear for what it was and cannot recommend it at all knowing that Sayers Sister is much better quality.
3 out 5 is my verdict with meals a bit heavy.

2  Thank KrystianoM
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We got to the cafe about 9am on a Sunday and got a lovely table outside. Full house inside. We were given the menu promptly and staff took our orders shortly after. Food arrived fast, despite how busy the place was. Our food tasted awesome but both cups of coffee were just OK.

Great food and service. Friendly and professional staff. Highly recommended!

1  Thank meames