1,270 results
All reviews the club lounge firewater grille swan river valet parking club king room high tea concert hall pillow menu lobby bar business hotel room service river view business trip perth hotels buffet breakfast central location elizabeth quay
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome from concierge on arrival and entering bright foyer was impressive. Very professionally checked in by Ian who was efficient and ensured that it was going to be an enjoyable stay. Public areas clean and welcoming and the large comfortable room was spacious and well appointed.
Thanks for the vote if you found this review helpful.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Bruce D, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear nilintentum_reliquit,

We appreciate you review, thank you for taking the time provide feedback. I will ensure that Ian is aware of your review and also I will personally thank Ian for his professional service.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed for an over night business trip. The rooms were nice,bed comfortable, the bar had a nice warming atmosphere, food was great in the morning but most of all the staff were very polite and accommodating.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Bruce D, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Tasting-from-shadow,

We appreciate you review and thank you for your kind words, I will ensure that the team is aware of your review.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Not a good way to start my time in this hotel. Had just flown in long distance and in desperate need of a toasty hot shower.

At its hottest, colder than Luke warm.

Had the shower reluctantly as I was in a rush and then called maintenance who promptly came to fix it.

Apart from that, the hotel was ok. Room tidy, reasonable space, bed comfy and nice pillows.

I doubt I will return. The first impression was a very cold shocker. Hard to recover from that.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear fishinwater,

Thank you for your review and I apologise for the inconvenience of the temperature of the water. We have addressed the water temperature issue and that the problem has been identified. I appreciate the good comments that you have mentioned.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I write this review as I listen to the revellers in the room next door laugh throatily, chuckling about people wearing odd clothes. It leaves a sinking feeling as I know I am in for a night of sleepless misery due to the paper thin walls of this hotel.

We have stayed three nights and the first two were very quiet as there was no one on either side of us. Now, on the third night, we can hear the TV programme on one side and the chuckle club on the other. Having stayed at hotels all over the world in 32 countries I can honestly say this one is not memorable for the right reasons.

Upon arrival, we had to haul our 4 bags out of the cab ourselves and drag them in, pushing the door open as no staff were on to greet us (BTW, the chuckle club are thinking of ordering pizza now, just letting you know).

We skipped breakfast (a bit on the high side) but did have the high tea; that was a high point as the food was good and the value proposition for $55 with free flow sparkling wasn't bad at all. Gym is ok, no mats but reasonable size and equipment new-ish (Chuckle Club not going for pizza now, phew), bar was noisy but reasonable choice of drinks and not too pricey. The room was pleasantly decorated, a bit dated- bathrooms are bad. Leaking taps (need to change the washers folks), the shower head is 1997 at best and toiletries underwhelming. Decent mini bar fridges, bed surprisingly comfortable and pillow menu a nice touch- especially when choosing which one to bury your head under to avoid Chuckle Club's comedic moments. The lifts are bizarrely dark- like minimal lighting which contrasts sharply with the airport/ supermarket standard lighting of the foyer/ lobby area. Seems strange and inconsistent.

Rather than complain, what could improve this stay? The refurb of this building (was the former tax department) was cheap and nasty. The insulation and 'sound proofing' was clearly done on the cheap. It is incredible (and wholly unacceptable) that guests can CLEARLY hear each other in the next rooms. Awkward, unpleasant and sheer misery.

WAIT! Chuckle Club are heading out, gives us a bit of respite until they arrive home. Oh no..cancel that. Two have left, one remains (sigh). Yep. Another night in a 'high end' hotel. I wish it could be better. Consider elsewhere if you can.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zadgirl

Dear Zadgirl,

Thank you for your review and I wish to reassure you that we are the final stages of addressing your listed feedback with a room refurbishment program which is due to commence in early September 2017. During this time we will fix the weaknesses that you have raised.

Bruce G Doig

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Worst hotel we have ever stayed in!! I am still waiting 5 weeks later for a refund!!! Poor customer service, no communication whats so ever, multiple emails and phone calls. Breakfast is terrible also. DO NOT STAY HERE, you get better 3 stars than this.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sm041083

Dear sm041083,

It is with regret that you have been totally inconvenienced with the hotel's preauthorisation format and I apologise that this has caused you absolute dissatisfaction. I am in review of the preauthorisation procedure and will identify a possible change.

Regards