“Shamefully small serving”

Ranked #1,307 of 1,665 Restaurants in Perth
Neighborhood: Kings Park
Neighborhood: Kings Park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Shameful small serving of rice pudding breakfast. Tasted as if it was out of a can of rice pudding on little bits of plumb, not cherries, Will never return.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Joanmonger
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

We booked for dinner here last Saturday 27 March. We were looking forward to the experience as we had last dined here when Zafferano had their restaurant here and we were eager to see what changes had been made. Our waitress brought us sparkling water instead of the requested tap water. When we queried it, the waitress seemed surprised but did exchange the water bottle for tap water. One of the water glasses was chipped so we asked for a replacement. The first courses were fine - scallops and kingfish.
My husband ordered the wagyu beef and I had the beef fillet. The wagyu beef was very fatty. We ordered a bottle of red but the waitress did not know how to pour the wine correctly and it was slopped down the stem of the glass and then on to the table. I had requested medium to well done for my fillet but it was medium rare. We informed the waitress about the fatty wagyu beef and my husband said he was disappointed as he had not expected to find such a lot of fat on a piece of beef of that quality. The manager came to our table and said the beef was ‘marbled’. His attitude was rather dismissive and we were surprised at his general disinterest. Prices were not cheap and although it’s a fantastic location, we wouldn’t return here because of the disappointing service and quality of the food. There are lots of fabulous restaurants in Perth offering far superior service and non fatty wagyu beef. We recommend that you spend your hard earned cash somewhere else.

1  Thank Paddingtonurchin61
Reviewed 30 March 2021

Recently visited Cooee for a morning coffee.
Albeit we were dressed quite casually the treatment offered was that of second-class citizens. We ordered a coffee and a juice (bottled). The juice took a lengthy 35 minutes (quite the process you might agree) so the staff were alerted and in the meantime a second coffee was ordered. On proceeding to pay for our drinks our invoice stated two juices were ordered. On challenging this, instead of the age-old ‘the customer is always right’ the staff member proceeded to get the manager. The implication was that we were intentionally misleading the waitress and seeking to get a ‘freebie’. The issue was rectified but left a bitter taste in the mouth. A disappointing experience all-in-all and not one I would wish to relive and as such Cooee will not be revisited, nor will it be recommended.

Reviewed 26 March 2021

The menu choices were limited We had beef fillet and fish of the day however presentation was no better that Pub Grub My fillet was not tough and had grissle
My wife’s fish was dry with no sauce We wanted some potatoes however only choice was chips and we regretted getter them
Overall a disappointing night

Reviewed 28 February 2021

The location on the river is beautiful. I admire the proposal of the owners farmgate to plate but the menu is generally "inoffensive" that is zero extension to a calibre chef.
As a point; chicken (not duck (wagin) or quail) fish, steak. The flank steak that I was looking at ordering removed for simple fillet. Maybe its what the public/ tourists demand! Not dissimiliar to Coogee Common & Post I note.
Service lacking considering not busy and plenty of staff; informed only early booking available; wrong!!
Wine list ok. Hope it improves and chef given more licence as too good a location.

Date of visit: February 2021