“Great food selection”

Ranked #101 of 178 things to do in Perth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Love the market place with great food selections. The food market is considered to be too pricey for a foodcourt but the quality is there. Also a bit of history in the building and sculptures. Would recommend a visit.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"city"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent an afternoon in the city, starting at the museums old site for a bit of banging on the musical installation that is still in place, then on to the little pond for a quick frog hunt and then the museum for the latest exhibition. Our 2 amd 5 year old were beginning to get edgy so we headed over to Yagan Square for a play. This place is brilliant for kids in this age bracket. There is a great little lazy river that winds down the slope next to the auditorium, and our kids had a ball putting leaves in for a race downhill while my husband and I watched on and enjoyed the free music. There is also a pretty decent playground on the next level, but quite honestly our kids were happy to spend the hour we had there playing with the water. We then went to the food hall and had fish and chips at Fish Boss. This was very good quality seafood. We ordered fish and chips, squid and chips and a Junior Boss (smaller portion fish and chips) and it came to about $40. The portions were big in my opinion. There is plenty of seating and there are toilets just at the far end of the food hall. Just a note re toilets. If you have a pram, the door is massive and requires some negotiating to get into the hall way which leads to the toilets. There is a baby change room and a unisex wheelchair toilet which has plenty of room for pram and allows you to get in there and help toilet training toddlers. All in all this is a great foodhall with loads of options and its Amazing to get that all in one place!

1  Thank Polly V
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I went to view this filled with skepticism, knowing full well Perth's ability to get things done so wrong. I am happy to report it was really quite amazing. From it's curved red dirt look opening it expands into an amphitheater, kids play areas, bars and eateries. There are great views of some of the few remaining heritage buildings along Wellington St. As it was the first weekend of opening it was packed so I have no idea what the food and beverage situation was like but as we squeezed our way through the crowds, it looked and smelled great. Being located right by a major transport hub with trains and buses servicing the area, it would be a great idea for a night out without worrying about drink driving. Overall Perth, ....we got it right for a change!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have to start with that after all the hype and expectation I was a bit underwhelmed.

Nevertheless it had a lot of great cafes bars and restaurants that offer a good range of options.

The playground on top is great for kids but I believe could have been better used to cater for adults at night in a beer garden rooftop bar or similar.
There is a water feature that starts on top of the construction and water flows to the bottom pathway.

The tower that shows video is fantastic and had great potential.

Well done even if it is short of my expectations. It's a great addition to Perth CBD and nice gateway between Northbridge and the city.

1  Thank Chizzel
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited here on a Sunday during a visit to the City. The appearance of the buildings in Yagan Square are very different and attractive. On the top floor is a lovely playground for the children including a small creek for thjem to play in. The view looking out over Perth and Northbridge is nice too.
My only criticism of the restaurants on the site is that the majority have stools and benches without backs to sit on. Being elderly this did not suit us but we did find a couple of chairs to sit in while we enjoyed a coffee.