Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Docklands(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Free Internet
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$100
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Novotel Melbourne on Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$145
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$72
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$111
  • Pool
Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Fitness center
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$130
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$146
Agoda.com
1,512 results
All reviewsdouble treeflinders streetwarm cookiesgreat locationon arrivalbuilding next doorking roomtrain stationfed squarecentral locationrooms are smallyarra riverthe heart of the cityupon checksouth bankfree tramcrown casino
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Positive
- friendly personnel at reception and breakfast
- location, location, location (2 minutes to Flinders Station, supermarket next door, 5 minutes to Southbank promenade, tram/train station in front of hotel, etc.)
- wifi was free (for me as a HHonors member) and fast (4,3 Mbps) – but daily re-login necessary
- comfy bed
- walk-in shower

Negative
- the rooms are just too small (like a shoebox)
- my room had only one small window, no view and no direct daylight (as maybe 80% of the rooms do not have) since there is the next building right next to it (maybe 2 meters away – you could look into the windows there – don’t know whether they can look into your room)
- the rooms to the back of the building (e.g. rooms x13 or x14) have big windows and direct daylight, but they heat up in the afternoon and there are ventilators from the building next door which make a lot of noise
- small closet, not enough space
- breakfast is ok, but since there is no change in the offerings at all, it was getting boring after a couple of days

Room Tip: see my remarks above ... unfortunately there is no "good choice available"
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Garry L, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear kacab1234

Thank you for completing a review following you recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne.

I appreciate your detailed feedback and I am pleased to see for the moxt part that you enjoyed the facilities, service and location of our hotel in the heart of Melbourne.

I have noted your feedback regarding our breakfast offering and will look at what w can do to provide more variety.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

It's a great central location and the rooms have a beautiful contemporary fit-out.
What they don't tell you however is that the rooms are TINY, the bathrooms are beautiful but none of their rooms have a bath which was a problem for me travelling with a small child.
I booked a room with "Fliders Station view" but what I received was a shoebox looking at the walls of the building next door which was about 2 meters away.
They also don't tell you that this hotel has no parking and no ability to stop in front whatsoever. If you are driving you'll have to park at the nearest parking station (2-500 meter away) and you'll have to carry your bags back to the hotel.

Overall it is a clean and tastefully decorated hotel with a comfortable Hilton bed at a central location. If you are driving however or travel with children this hotel is best to be avoided.

Room Tip: If you are after a view this is not the hotel for you
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Dear valeriae514

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne.

I am pleased to see that you liked the décor and central location of our hotel in the heart of Melbourne.

Our rooms do vary in size and location with varying outlooks, so I am sorry that you were disappointed by the room that you were allocated on this occasion.

We do endeavour to inform our valued guests of our parking arrangements in advance and I apologise that you were not made aware of this prior to your arrival.

I appreciate your valued feedback and will use this constructively to see where we can improve.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Easy to get to from the airport bus shuttle $19 (about 30 mins) including free transfer from main bus station to hotel. Really nice decor and friendly efficient check in staff. Early check in at 6am available for diamond members at $30 instead of the usual $60.... room clean and functional with safe, good wifi and nice bedding and linens. Good heating system which was not too noisy. Free water and coffee for diamond, and minibar on request. Very good hot and cold breakfast options. Very short walk to local shops for snacks and drinks.
5-10 min walk to main water side and casinos etc. They need to sort out the issue of cold air coming right through into restaurant every time the main doors open?
Overall the stay was very good, and I will return.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Dear AdamBilgy

Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us.

As one of our valued Hilton Honors Diamond members, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Double by Hilton Melbourne when you are next planning a visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Not the best double tree we've stayed in - but it was good enough. Location was perfect, staff were friendly and helpful, price reasonable had a safe, good wifi, kettle, fridge, effective air con and a comfy bed.
Loads of places to eat very close to hotel. Central Melbourne is quite small so it's easy to get around.
This has nothing to do with the management of this hotel, but factor it in if you're staying here ... the cost of a taxi - aud 60 each way to airport - there's a bus which would be much cheaper!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Jinny232

Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see in general that you enjoyed your stay with us and our very central location close to all that Melbourne has to offer.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne when you are next visiting.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Staying here over the weekend the lack of a wardrobe was a problem. The bathroom and beds were however very good. The view from my window was the wall of the building next door.
While the lobby was lovely and the reception was good, I did not like the dirty area within which the hotel was situated. Parking fees for vehicles are also expensive!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Ronald K

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your feedback and I can advise that we have just purchased some clothing racks to provide more hanging space for our guest that require this.

Our room locations and outlooks do vary, with city, station and river views available.

I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne in the future, when we will do all we can to ensure that you have a
great stay.