All reviews fitzroy gardens boiled eggs off street parking cooked breakfast concert at rod laver arena walking distance to the city balcony room yogurt small fridge sporting venues breakfast included easy walk excellent location stayed nights short stay tram stop proximity
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

A very comfortable place to stay in an excellent location Parking can be a juggle - the parking is up a lane way behind Magnolia Court Hotel
The breakfast was good value and adequate The staff were very personable friendly and worked hard at making sure we had a pleasant stay
All in all not perfect but can’t wait to go back there soon Really like the atmosphere Very good value

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Our room definitely wasn’t on the site we booked through which was disappointing. Needs a bit of cleaning done in the room. The breakfast wasn’t too bad for $6 . If I was to stay there again I would try the rooms in the actual original house.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Hi, I stayed back in March and wrote a review then about the filth. I didn’t add that I had also been double charged on my credit card as I wanted to ensure I actually got my money back. Today some 3 1/2 months later I can now tell you my story. After getting my credit card statement in April I discovered that Magnolia Court had double charged my credit card for the one nights stay. I called them only to be told the manager only worked weekends and he was the only person that could reimburse money. After numerous phone calls on weekends withthe manager and my bank then taking up the cause I today received my second payment that was not authorised back in my account. If you dare stay in this filth hole check your bank statement after your stay as I’m confident I’m not the only one to be double charged.

Room Tip: Do not choose magnolia court
Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
3  Thank mary1234587
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Easy walk to MCG and a pleasant and easy 3-4 blocks from the CBD if walking through Fitzroy Gardens. Very good value compared to CBD hotels. Surrounded by lovely, restored Victorian architecture in the surrounding residential buildings. Wide, tree-lined street , no traffic lights (all roundabouts) and a 40 kph speed limit makes traffic noise a non-issue. Don't have high expectations and you'll probably enjoy your stay! The entry/foyer is very small and basic. Our upstairs room (balcony suite) was spacious and comfortable with a large living area and door opening out to a large balcony. A basic but ok breakfast included with the room rate. Maintenance work was badly needed (paint work chipped and worn, cracks in ceilings and walls, damaged vanity, knobs missing from heater dials, lams not working etc etc) "Shabby chic" was a term that came to mind. No elevator. Upstairs rooms are quieter. People above you results in a very noisy night. Location is the key to this place - easy 15 min walk to Smith St, few minutes walk to St Laurent bakery. Recommended if you want good value, great location and you don't mind some shabbiness and ordinary beds.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter. Pay extra for a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed many times, basic but comfortable and spacious. Breakfast can be a bit ordinary, but cheap.(worst coffee) Still, plenty of good eateries down the road.Great quiet location. Good public transport nearby.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business