“Location is its' big thing.”

Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne
Ranked #65 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed October 13, 2017

This hotel is located in the old Commercial Travelers Association building. This means that it has some glorious old style areas - meeting rooms, dining rooms, bar areas. Because they have tried to modernize the rooms, it does mean that they can vary in style & facilities. There is a range of room types, so just ask. Beyond that they are everything that a good mid-range hotel can be. Never had a problem here. Their convenient location is the big bonus.

Room Tip: Just ask about the rooms when you book - old or new part & what the room is like.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2017

I stayed for several weeks on business and wouldn't hesitate about staying again. The proximity to Southgate, Flinders Station and the CBD made it a great location for work and getting to see the city. All the staff were all helpful and polite without being overwhelming.
The RendezVous is a little bit of the city's history. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms towards the back of the hotel which was quiet and that suited me, but there is a wide choice to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank johncF680EW
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Clean and tidy. grand entrance and it smelled very nice each day. the "African" young man helping with bags etc. was absolutely outstanding, neatly dress, spoke well and was of great assistance.
hotel is a very location to all shops, tram, train, Southbank, restaurants etc. everything was within walking distance. rooms are very quiet. we had a problem with our room where the lights would switch on automatically early hours of the morning which was very freaky! however we were moved to another room with free upgrade as well as a beautiful card and free bottle of bubbles.. well done! now that's service!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017

A very good hotel, welcome on arrival was excellent after a long flight all we wanted was to sleep, we did get a good night sleep. The room was clean and tidy and kept tidy during our stay. The buffet breakfast was amazing from all different fruits to full breakfast. Checkout was quick. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

HI Sallyf325

Thanks so much for this great feedback! We’re so glad you enjoyed your time at the Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation with us and i will ensure you well looked after. 0392501888 or slou@rendezvoushotels.com

Warmest regards,
Sunny Lou

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Firstly we were assured that we were getting a special price as conference attendees. This was not the case. It would have been much cheaper had I booked on my own. Initially when I asked to cancel my third night , 3 weeks before stay I was told I couldn’t get a refund. I had to protest and complain about the false idea that I was getting cheaper rate initially. Finally I got the refund but it was a struggle. Then on arrival we were given a dingy room with no reading lights . This was changed to a room with reading lights but I was surprised that reading lights were not a normal thing in a hotel of this calibre.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MeribelBoorowa
Sunny_Lou101, Guest Relations Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MeribelBoorowa

I would like to thank you for providing us your feedback via Tripadvisor. We welcome all feedback, both good and bad, as it is vital to the ongoing improvement of our service and guest offerings.

I was very troubled by your feedback and would like to offer my sincerest apologises for any frustration or disappointment you felt as a result of your stay. It is never acceptable when a guest feels our staff are anything less than helpful and accommodating.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the matter further.
I'm in the hotel most day.

Kind regards,