2,370 results
All reviews rod laver arena great location sporting events fitzroy gardens aami park minute walk melbourne park fed square studio room room service federation square public transport walking distance car parking great place to stay easy walk bed was comfortable
Reviewed 22 September 2018

The parking is expensive for the area and the restaurant isnt open during the day room service is it available at certain times and can't get any food to your room outside these hours which is stupid would not stay again

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JolimontMGR, General Manager at Mantra on Jolimont, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi lagatuz,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Usually on days where the restaurant is close, our 24 hours reception are able to provide suggestions or recommendation to nearby restaurants. However, if you are considering dining in, there are also room delivery options.

Please feel free to contact us when you next return and we can certainly assist with providing you with the necessary information prior to your arrival.

Thank you.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Hotel was great and close to the MCG where we were going for an event. Check in was easy with close parking and standard hotel room facilities. Thanks for making us feel welcome at the Mantra on Jolimont

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Hi discostu3759,

Thanks for your review!

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I had to be in the city for work and an all day event at the MCG and the mantra was perfect. Accessible by tram or a quick walk into the city, very easy access to the G, and also an easy walk to Richmond for food etc. Very roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Hi kimP5140GG,

Thanks for your fantastic review!

It is great to hear that Mantra on Jolimont is well positioned for you when you are down in Melbourne for a business trip and work event at the MCG.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The location of this hotel is excellent if you are attending an event at the MCG or Rod Laver Arena. Public transport (tram) is also a short walk away, along a really fun walkway that has speakers, playing international music. If you wanted to, you could also walk into the city, or Richmond. The hotel also has some car parking spaces on site. I think it cost me about $20 per night for parking. The room itself was clean, neat and tidy. My room rate included a bottle of wine upon check-in and buffet breakfast. Sadly I didn’t get an opportunity to try the breakfast, but it was nice to unwind with a glass of wine in the evening.
I personally had two downsides to my stay.
1. No room-service/restaurant on a Sunday night. I arrived in the afternoon and was so keen to just order some room service from their menu (everything looked really good). I had to contact reception who furnished me with a menu for an external restaurant, from Lygon St, who would deliver to the hotel.
2. The noise from the train lines. I don’t live in the city and so I found the noise from the trains to be a little distracting, at times. Planned on sleeping in, but found myself awake at 5am due to trains.
In the big scheme of things my negatives are not a deal breaker, just a bit of an inconvenience.
If I was attending an event nearby, I would still happily stay at the Mantra, but I might request a room on the other side of the building, to see if the train noise is less.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
JolimontMGR, General Manager at Mantra on Jolimont, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hi Antoinette D,

Thanks for taking time to provide us with this review.

We are pleased to hear that you have found our location handy and accessible to MCG, Rod Laver Arena and the city.

While our restaurant is closed on Sundays, there are certainly great options within close walking distance and food delivery service that we can assist on.

We apologise for the noise that you have experienced, please feel free to let us know the next time you return to Melbourne and we can certainly allocate a more suited room for you.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and we look forward to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We have stayed at Mantra at Jollimont before and look forward to doing so again. The hotel is close to public transport, both train and tram and is a pleasant walk into the CBD. Jollimont is a delightful suburb and very close to interesting restaurants in Richmond.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JolimontMGR, General Manager at Mantra on Jolimont, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi Aussieuks,

Thanks for your fantastic review!

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our location and service. We certainly look forward to welcoming back again soon!