InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$158
Hotel Windsor
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$104
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$98
  • Pool
Somerset on Elizabeth Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
  • Fitness center
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$57
  • Room Service
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$106
Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$72
US$261
US$161
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$52
Priceline
US$229
US$210
2,337 results
All reviewsthe club loungealluvial restaurantambassador membermarket lanecollins streetjunior suitebeautiful hotelnatural lightrain showerstar hotelheritage buildinghigh teaan upgradevalet parkingbuffet breakfastcrown casinosouthern cross station
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed for three nights club level at this property at the end of July. Overall the hotel itself is in good condition and the club lounge personnel took good care of us. The food offerings in the lounge were very nice, my only recommendation would be to offer a self serve hot selection in the evening. This particular lounge gives you one plate of hot hors d'oeuvres. If you want more, then you will need to ask.

The reason this property gets 2 stars from us is because we were assaulted by a vagrant when we were departing the hotel. Unfortunately the hotel does not provide a 24 hour bellman or security at the front of the hotel. When I pulled up with our car at 6:45am, my family walked from the front entrance to the curb and I unlocked the car. Suddenly a man jumped into the passenger seat and began threatening me. My wife managed to yank the person from our vehicle, and luckily the situation eventually deescalated, but only after much screaming and yelling from all of us.

After contacting the police, I wrote to the GM regarding the lack of security and suggested that they place cameras at the entrance. His reply was that privacy concerns precluded the use of cameras pointed towards the street. I find the response wholly unacceptable and certainly if privacy is a concern, then perhaps a 5-star property such as the Rialto needs to have someone on duty to provide security 24 hours a day.

Although this may have been a rare event, we have never experienced an attack such as this anywhere in the world. As such we cannot recommend this hotel until assurances can be made by management that they are taking steps to provide better security to their main entrance.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank texanaust
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Hi texanaust,

Thank you for contacting us about your experience at the InterContinental Melbourne Australia.

I am sorry to learn that you find the hotel lacking in front security and the level of service was a letdown. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate you as our guest. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Stayed in this hotel for a week and it's a really nice looking hotel and the rooms are nice too. Could do without the lumpy pillows and overly soft mattress though. Had breakfast every morning but could not get a proper coffee,not sure if it was the machine or the barista. Even the doorman was recommending the coffee shop next door!

Room Tip: Close the blinds so you can get to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Jarvis101,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our heritage building and that the room was to your liking. I have passed on the message to our F&B team in regards to your coffee experience.

Kind regards,
Nelu

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Upon checkin we were quickly given our room keys - had booked 2 rooms and they forgot to give us club access keys. When we opened the suite there was a filthy rag on the sofa. We went to the Alluvial restaurant for canapes (which is not that great) and saw mice running around (took images) - my kids were terrified but i couldnt checkout since i had prepaid.We went to celebrate our daughters 10 birthday & had a late night , we were awakened by a local singer singing outside our window with a microphone at 7am . The club manager did change our room to a quiet section and then had an encounter with ants in the bathroom. No one from housekeeping attended . On day 2 we were given the same canapes as day1 and this is when i spoke to the manager and he said there is aproblem with mice the the GM is aware - hope its not like the ratatouille movie where the mice are helping the chef & wonder on the cleanliness and he gave some food credit . This was rather a depressing visit for us & will not stay at this hotel again.The only section that is worth the money is club lounge. No survey sent after visit but i have raised with customer relations .

Room Tip: City views
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Ani R,

Thank you so much for sharing your review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am very sorry to hear that you encountered a number of issues with your stay. I assure you that your feedback has been followed up with our Management and Housekeeping department to actions these issues you have raised.

Kind regards

James S

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel was booked for my birthday weekend and it wasn't the cheapest. I think about $200 per night so quite expensive but that's Melbourne for ya. I booked this hotel for the balcony and fresh air access and upon arrival all the access was locked and no advertisements telling me that when I booked so I was super disappointed. With someone who requires fresh air access readily due to terrible anxiety it was a huge stab to the chest. The hotel was lovely though, all fresh and clean and the facilities were great. The indoor pool was freezing I thought and the sauna did not heat up the best. There was no access to outside anywhere which really disappointed me! The architecture was stunning, I loved every bit of it, so beautiful. Overall it was a pretty good stay, bar the outside access I required.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear JMA-AUS,

Thank you so much for sharing your review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties with your stay in relation to room rates, and room fresh air flow.

Kind regards,

James

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This hotel is run impeccably. From the perfect breakfast to the comfortable rooms, easy check in, friendly staff, quiet business lounge and spotless gym area, I continue to return. The only annoyance is how to turn the lights on and off in the rooms... 6th visit and I still can't figure them out - seems different switches do different things depending on the time of day and which way the wind is blowing. I should probably ask for help with them!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

Dear bp1828,

Thank you so much for sharing the kind review from your recent stay with us in Melbourne. I am so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy our comfortable rooms, great service and clean gym area. I am sorry about our room lighting, I will be following this up with Engineering department.

I hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon. Kind regards,

James S