Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa king spa roomgreat locationroom was cleancar parkingbig bathroomcarlton gardensmelbourne museumon site parkingcooked breakfaststay there againstreet noisewithin walking distanceshort walkbathroom doorqueen victoria marketsgood sizeyour doorstep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2015

I stayed here last Friday night on a quick trip to Melbourne to catch up with friends. I booked directly with the hotel and was offered a great rate by Lu on the phone. She was very helpful and booked directly with them.
Because I was flying in early evening, I emailed the hotel asking them to allow room access for my Melbourne friend who was staying with me and they accommodated her without a problem.
I stayed in what they called a King Spa room which was a little compact but well appointed and very clean. I had a very pleasant continental breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday morning.
The location would be hard to beat being directly opposite a park and a mere 70 or 80 metres to the famous Lygon Street restaurant strip and only a 15 minute walk to the centre of Melbourne.
I recommend the Downtowner to everyone

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2015

First visit, only stayed 1 night for our Christmas Party at Draculas. It was within walking distance and the restaurants in Lygon St were perfect.
Had a fantastic time, the room was just right and staff very helpful.
Don't hesitate to stay here, we will again.

Room Tip: We were on Level 2, quite noisy road traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2015

We only stayed one night to go to a show in the city, only a short walk away. It's lovely walking along the vibrant Lygon St later in the evening. Our room was very adequate and we Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Thank you for your review.

We are well located for easy access to the theatre district, and I look forward to you next stay.

Please book direct and mention our summer promotion #melbournesummer to get 15% off the best rates available.

Kind regards

Kevin Birchall

Reviewed December 3, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at downtowner for 10 days . everything was good , staff are friendly and helpful. Melbourne central and many attractions are within walking distance. the only thing that might need upgrading a bit is the breakfast. otherwise If I'm in Melbourne again , I will definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Amr B
Reviewed December 3, 2015

Just spent four nights at the Downtowner on Lygon. Not only is it perfectly positioned to access all the fabulous restaurants Lygon Street, but the staff are so very helpful, friendly and courteous - nothing was too much trouble for them. Would highly recommend to anyone

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Quiet Side!
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business