“City Escape”

Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon
Ranked #66 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 7, 2015

Check in was seamless, off street car parking was excellent, easy walking distance to Central Melbourne and the famous Carlton Restaurant scene. Close to Melbourne Uni.
This is an awarded Eco Friendly Hotel. Breakfast was very nice. The kitchen uses fresh herbs grown on site as part of the Eco friendly policy. Staff were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Quality Hotel Downtowner on Lygon, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2015

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you highlighted our Environmental Policy. It is something we strive to achieve and this year we were acknowledged by the Australian Hotel Association as the most environmentally friendly hotel in Melbourne.

The fresh herbs and our breakfast menus all cooked to order give us a unique offering, which I would like to extend a complimentary offer to you on your next stay for leaving this review. Please book with me personally so this is included.

Kind regards

Kevin Birchall
General manager

Reviewed December 7, 2015

I stayed here last Friday night on a quick trip to Melbourne to catch up with friends. I booked directly with the hotel and was offered a great rate by Lu on the phone. She was very helpful and booked directly with them.
Because I was flying in early evening, I emailed the hotel asking them to allow room access for my Melbourne friend who was staying with me and they accommodated her without a problem.
I stayed in what they called a King Spa room which was a little compact but well appointed and very clean. I had a very pleasant continental breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday morning.
The location would be hard to beat being directly opposite a park and a mere 70 or 80 metres to the famous Lygon Street restaurant strip and only a 15 minute walk to the centre of Melbourne.
I recommend the Downtowner to everyone

Reviewed December 7, 2015

First visit, only stayed 1 night for our Christmas Party at Draculas. It was within walking distance and the restaurants in Lygon St were perfect.
Had a fantastic time, the room was just right and staff very helpful.
Don't hesitate to stay here, we will again.

Room Tip: We were on Level 2, quite noisy road traffic.
Reviewed December 4, 2015

We only stayed one night to go to a show in the city, only a short walk away. It's lovely walking along the vibrant Lygon St later in the evening. Our room was very adequate and we Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review.

We are well located for easy access to the theatre district, and I look forward to you next stay.

Please book direct and mention our summer promotion #melbournesummer to get 15% off the best rates available.

Kind regards

Kevin Birchall

Reviewed December 3, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at downtowner for 10 days . everything was good , staff are friendly and helpful. Melbourne central and many attractions are within walking distance. the only thing that might need upgrading a bit is the breakfast. otherwise If I'm in Melbourne again , I will definitely consider staying there again.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business