Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$86
Radisson
  • Restaurant
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$83
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Melbourne Southbank(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$71
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Pegasus Apart'Hotel(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$120
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Hotel Claremont(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$44
  • Breakfast included
The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$116
  • Restaurant
Citadines on Bourke Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$109
  • Pool
Wyndham Hotel Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$111
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

Art Series - The Larwill Studio(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$109
Trip.com
  • Fitness center
All reviewsbourke street mallopposite myercontinental breakfastgreat locationrooms are smallyogurtqueen roomdavid jonesthe heart of the citysmall fridgebudget hoteltea and coffeeshort staybed was comfortablewould stay here againreception staffcentral location
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Booked on a website that states no prepayment required. Never had a problem before but the property took one night's accommodation from my bank account a week before I arrived, then insisted on holding the full amount when I arrived thus taking an extra night. Staff were argumentative and unhelpful. My room was no bigger than a postage stamp. It was beyond tiny proving the photos on websites to be a gross misrepresentation. The bathroom was equally small and dated. Sliding door was heavy and very difficult to open and close. You could hear the people in the adjacent rooms and anyone in the corridor. Doors slamming at 4.00 am were enough to wake the dead. Don't bother with the in-house breakfast. They only offer continental and the offerings are well below par. I've had better in budget motels. Try one of the nearby cafes instead.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Causeway-Melbourne, Guest Services at Causeway Inn On The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear T1sWas,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate to hear that issues prevented you from enjoying your stay to the fullest on this occasion.

For rooms booked online without prepayment, seven days prior to arrival a pre-authorisation is processed on the credit card details provided, equal to the first night’s accommodation. This is not a charge per-se but rather an amount temporarily frozen on the credit card account by the associated financial institution, and would appear as a ‘pending’ transaction in internet banking terms. This allows the hotel to confirm the validity of payment details provided during the booking process in line with the terms and conditions of the booking website. I apologise that this was not made clear to you during the booking process and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our sales and marketing department to investigate how such details can be made clearer, particularly through third party booking websites.

It is also unfortunate to hear that the size of your room did not match your expectations on this occasion. We try to be as transparent as possible about the size of each of our different room types. After investigating I can confirm that pictures both on our website as well as the major third party booking websites, are taken within the room types with which they are associated. The floor area in square metres of each room type is also included in the room descriptions. As above I have shared your feedback with our sales and marketing team to determine whether there is any further scope to communicate the exact size of each room type to potential guests during the booking process.

Please rest assured that the remaining constructive elements of your review have been shared with our management team as well as highlighted to the relevant head of department including food and beverage, and maintenance. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly via email at samt@causeway.com.au.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Right in the centre of Melbourne. For the cost must be Melbourne's best location. Trams are just a short distance away. Flinders st station, Federation Square and the Art Gallery are close by. I had breakfast included in the rate.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Ballymena40,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share such a pleasant review. It is fantastic to hear that you found your stay to be such great value; as you made the most of our central location in relation to all that Melbourne has to offer.

I speak on behalf of the whole team here when I say that we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Let me first start by saying, that I have stayed in this hotel twice now, and if I visit Melbourne City in the future, I will book there again.
This place is not a 5 star hotel.
However, it is fantastically placed for your Melbourne getaway! It is right off the Brooke St Mall, and you can cover as much, or as little of Melbourne as you like.
They provide a full continental breakfast, and some wifi (but with all our mobiles now doing great for data, who cares).
The room was clean, but small. But because I wasn't planing on staying in my room, I didn't care.
It was awesome for what I paid for, and the next Melbourne weekend I plan, I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: I found it to be better for short stays.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Causeway-Melbourne, Guest Services at Causeway Inn On The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Rob M,

Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel as your accommodation of choice in Melbourne, and for taking the time to share a review on this occasion. I am delighted to hear that you find our rooms to be clean and such great value as you make the most of our central location in relation to all that Melbourne has to offer. I am also pleased that you take advantage of the continental buffet breakfast.

We appreciate your recommendation and I speak on behalf of the whole team here when I say that we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next Melbourne weekend.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The WiFi was the worst I have ever used. It would constantly disconnect and stop working, I would have to get in the corner of my room to get connection. I couldn’t use it in my bed. I would hear noise and screaming at all times of night and one night an alarm started going off in the hallway.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Causeway-Melbourne, Guest Services at Causeway Inn On The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Dndnd2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that issues prevented you from enjoying your stay to the fullest on this occasion.

We understand that Wi-Fi is an important part of any stay for the modern traveller so we aim to provide all guests with a fully complementary high speed and reliable connection. Please accept our sincere apologies as this appears not to have occurred on this occasion. If you are able to contact me at samt@causeway.com.au with any further details of your booking I would be greatly appreciative as this would allow me to investigate more specifically with our internet service provider and prevent such instances from occurring again in the future.

It is also disappointing to learn that external noise had such a negative impact on your time with us. While we do our best to minimise noise for the comfort of guests both inside and outside our hotel, should you have any such issues in future please do not hesitate to report to our friendly reception staff so that they may attempt to resolve the source of the noise or move you to a quieter room if no resolution is immediately possible. I apologise for the negative impact that this had on your time with us.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

i booked this accommodation for my mum and her partner. it was a one night stay, late notice, excellent value and great location. They liked the room but the dampener was the lift being out of service. had i been advised of this on booking (it was out of service when i booked but i was not told) i would have chose an alternate accommodation more suitable for elderly folk. anyway my resilient folks survived the floors of stairs and would be happy to go back to the Inn on the mall when the lift is working

Stayed: May 2018
Causeway-Melbourne, Guest Services at Causeway Inn On The Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Oppy1,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on the recent stay of your mother and her partner. I am delighted to hear that you found the room to be such great value and that they made the most of our central location in relation to all that Melbourne has to offer.

Please accept our sincere apologies that the reception area lift was not functioning between the ground floor and level two for the duration of their stay. It was always our intention to be as transparent as possible about this issue with booking guests so is disappointing to hear that you were not made aware during the booking process. If you are able to contact me directly at samt@causeway.com.au with any further details of the method through which you booked I would appreciate the opportunity to investigate this further.

I am pleased to let you know that our lift is now back in full working order, and we would be delighted to have the opportunity you back again in the future so that we may deliver a start to finish experience of the standard that we strive to provide to all guests.