“frozen brown chicken patty left me feeling sick”

Ponyfish Island Cafe
Ranked #162 of 4,449 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Don't get me wrong the location is stunning and I would consider coming back just to sit by the water for a drink, and the staff were very friendly - however the food was disgusting. Their cajun chicken burger' with chicken, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato and sauce sounded delicious as did their other menu items however it was very much not what I expected. I guess their idea of cajun chicken is a frozen supermarket schnitzel patty that was brown and hard around the edges slapped between two cold buns. On the side were crisps, and I don't mean hot chips or fries which you would expect with a burger, but literally a handful of smiths thin original chips. We waited so long for our food that it made the disappointment that much worse, I know it's not expense but I'd have rather spent my $16 elsewhere - I felt sick when leaving the place.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Love this place, a great use of space, great staff good selection of beers. Smashing view didn't try the food but will next Time.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

What a great quirky place to meet for lunch. Had avocado & feta smashed on a toasted bagel and was yum. Well stocked bar considering the limited space. Had a fun lunch with great views

Reviewed 3 February 2018

In the middle of the Yarra river under the pedestrian bridge to Southbank centre. Gets packed sometimes. When it is quiet it is a great place to relax with a beer. Not eaten here. Staff friendly. Have their own brand of beer.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

The Ponyfish is located mid-river, under the pedestrian bridge at Southbank. The servers are great! They have a wide selection of beers and cocktails, but the food menu is a bit limited. Having said that, the food is very good!