“Great pizza great vibe excellent service”
Review of +39 Pizzeria

+39 Pizzeria
Ranked #62 of 4,453 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: +39 Is The International Dialling Code For Italy And A Thread Back To Everything We’re Inspired By Started By Six Friends Who Have Their Stomachs In Melbourne But Their Hearts In Naples — We’ve Been Sharing Pizza, Fighting Over The Last Bite Of Lasagna And Spilling Wine All Over The Table For Years. We Miss Our Nonna’s, So We’re Often Calling Home. Hours Have Been Spent On The Phone Scribbling Down Recipes, Reminiscing Over The Long Nights And Talking About Our Love For Italia. +39 Pizzeria Is Born From That Love. An Ode To The Pizzaiolo Of Naples, The Boys Riding Vespas Down Cobbled Alleyways, And To Our Nonna’s Who Would Whack Our Cheeky Backsides With Wooden Spoons And Then Feed Us Bowls Of Pasta.
Reviewed 2 December 2017

What a fantastic place. Staff are super friendly and efficient. Food is delicious and comes relatively quickly. This place is pumping so the food is super fresh, tasty and has a good vibe to it.
It's a little noisy, but if you're happy to eat and enjoy the ambience, and don't need to have an in depth conversation then this place rocks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Stopped by on the off chance I might get a table and after a 20 minute wait I was seated. Now this could be a good or bad thing but meant the place was packed and there was a line up after me.
I ordered the Salumiera pizza which had ham, hot salami, sausage a tomato paste and cheese. I added a drizzle of chilli oil which for me set the pizza off. It was light, crispy and full of traditional Italian pizza flavour. Plenty of cheese, loads of salami, decent volume of ham and all round pretty good pizza. I managed to eat the whole thing myself though it could easily be shared (busy day!). Staff were friendly and the atmosphere was pretty good all round.
I had a vodka lime and soda as well which for me was pretty weak. Not sure how much vodka went into it but it didn't taste much like it should.
All up a good pizza but given the popularity, unless you mind a wait, give them a call to book on a Friday night.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

In.this place you can eat a good quality pizza. There are few places better than this and so many worse than this in Melbourne

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Uncomfortably crowded. Slow service. They ran out of all three craft beers on the menu. The mushroom pizza was ordinary. Just plain mushies and a “cream of mushroom” that swamped the truffle oil. Electric oven, so no real pizza character.

1  Thank N120AB
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

My favorite Italian pizza. Great atmosphere Often busy but always willing to accommodate tables where possible.