“Perfect paella and jamon!”
Review of Portello Rosso

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent specially the vegetarian paella! It takes time to cook paella so make sure to order from the start, so worth the wait! We ordered several tapas while waiting and really liked the asparagus with jamon serrano and ham croquettes! Hubby loved the wagyu empanadas. Churros and Pedro Ximenez dessert wine was the perfect cap to our evening. Staff were very friendly and accommodating even to my 3 year old. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Nestled in a fun little laneway we were hoping we might have discovered a little gem of an eatery...
Unfortunately upstairs the seating is a bit too tight in some spots and would suggest that if you make a booking make sure you aren’t placed in the tight nook upstairs (although if you are walking in without a booking this seating isn’t unreasonable).
Food: We had the meat paella as our main and it was fairly bland and burnt tasting. Although a generous serving size $66 to share was a bit rich given the low quality.
For entree we had pork belly and grilled squid, again just tasted a little bland and burnt, not the full flavour experience we were expecting. I understand the appeal of having smoky flavours, but it was beyond that for us on this occasion.
Although waiting staff were fairly attentive none of the staff asked for feedback, which I would have willingly provided politely in person, so here it is. 2/5.
Could be a really fun restaurant but I felt like they were all (chefs and wait staff) just phoning it in on this occasion.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

So I ventured to this little treasure in my quest for good food on a recent work trip. Seriously this place is little Spain! Delicious tapas cooked to perfection and matched with a solid wine list and perfect atmosphere. Also as a bit of an empanada fanatic I can honestly say this is the best empanada I have ever tasted (and Yes I have been to South America) Already planning to take my partner next time we are in Melbourne. 5* all round!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Their delicious paella mixta is reason enough to try this place out. Couple with some sangria, but only a few entree as the paella is filling. Love the rustic setting, but was a bit noisy on a Friday evening, we were lucky to get a table without booking.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

A great place to visit if you want a team dinner
A wide range of foods and tastes
I highly recommend Calabacin - Zucchini & bbq sweetcorn fritter, mint & garlic yoghurt