“Panoramic suite simply amazing”

Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed August 15, 2017

I organised a one night stay in the panoramic suite to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. I asked for the suite to be on the highest possible level and on arrival I found out that we would be on the very top level.
Josh at concierge made this occasion a one to remember, as he helped me organise flower petals and light candles to be set up around the room prior to our checkin.
The panoramic suite is simply amazing. A corner suite overlooking the entire Melbourne skyline. The best view I have ever seen from a hotel as of yet. And I would definitely recommend to all of my friends who love that city view. Photos don't do this view any justice whatsoever ever. It's definitely worth spending the money. The room was amazing complete with an amazing bathroom and bathtub with amazing city views.
It sad that my stay at this amazing suite was disrupted by the room heater staying on all night. At 24 degrees, I was not able to sleep at all. I called the reception 3 times to have my room heater turned off as you could not manually turn it off within the suite. After 3 calls this problem was not resolved. And I did not get one wink of sleep the whole night. It really is a pity that a heating problem ruined my stay at this amazing suite and hotel.
However I would still strongly recommend this to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level in advance well worth the view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Zach_d92,

Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

We are truly passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences and I was very pleased to learn of your great satisfaction with our hotel's standard of service.

It’s truly motivating to receive positive comments like yours, especially on our staff! Rest assured I will convey your compliments to Josh.

However, I have noted your comment and rating on the poor sleep experience due to the heater and sincerely regret the discomfort and inconvenience caused. Please be assured I have personally addressed this with my Engineering Team so that they can take further action to ensure this doesn’t happen again with another guest.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back and would request you to email us on enquiry.ppmel@panpacific.com for any future bookings, or call (03) 9027 2000, we would personally love to welcome you to ensure you have a seamless and memorable stay.

Pan Pacific Melbourne.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this review on night 3 of my 3 night business trip to Melbourne. This trip I have also brought my son with.
Night one: Very average bland overcooked kids burger (which they did deduct from the bill) as it was not cooked to order. Pasta for me : not too good!
Breakfast the following day: no sliced meats, no smoked salmon dry bacon, tasteless fried rice,,,, just gone down hill from past visits. Oh and when will hotels realize it's time to stop charging extra for real coffee? It's time. The free percolated awful!
Day 2 breakfast same as day one with a 10 minute wait thrown in for free.
Evening: decided on room service but alas nobody answered after 3 attempts one of which I held on for 15 minutes. I was so frustrated I called the actual hotel from my mobile phone whilst on hold but nobody answered that either so we called for a Dominoes......
Very poor show.
Pan Pacific has just taken over from Hilton.... surely they would want to be on their top game and try to impress????? Apparently not......

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Craig B, General Manager at Pan Pacific Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear AlexD63,

We truly regret the inconvenience and completely understand how frustrating it can be to be in the given situation. Your expectations were not met and I am very sorry that you had this experience at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver and I have personally advised our Kitchen and Food & Beverage Team to address your comments to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guest’s best interest.

Once again, please accept our deepest regret. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Melbourne in the not too distant future to experience the five star standard we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Our experience of the hotel itself was amazing, great location and lovely room. Upon arrival, an extra $100 was removed from my account without my knowledge. Once the error had been realised, the manager proceeded to do nothing about this despite it being theft. $100 was a large portion of my money saved for this trip and so produced a rather inconvenient situation. Over a week later and I am still yet to receive the amount held as a bond for our trip. I understand that a hotel may have a policy but they also have a legal obligation to inform their guests of this.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank gracetucker

Dear Gracetucker,

Thank you so much for posting a review following you stay at Pan Pacific Melbourne.

I am extremely disappointed to learn of your arrival experience and completely understand your frustration in this matter. There should have been proper communication or explanation about the pre-authorization taken on arrival. I would like to assure you this is not the typical guest experience that we deliver. I greatly appreciate your feedback and please be assured our Front Office Team has already addressed your comments and appropriate action and training will be taken to prevent any such repetition in the future for our guests’ best interest.

If the funds are still being held, could you please email us on enquiry.ppmel@panpacific.com, or call (03) 9027 2000 so that we can investigate this further.

Once again, please accept my deepest regret and I really hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Melbourne.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

A wonderful hotel. We stayed in the Yarra King Suite. It has the most spectacular views of Melbourne and the Yarra River. The hotel is situated in a great location only a few minutes walk to the CBD. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Dear 692mrs,

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online guest survey following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to note from your ratings that you enjoyed your overall stay and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
We are indeed superbly located next to the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, DFO, close to the free tram stops, Crown Casino and the entertainment precinct (please select as appropriate), and I am very pleased you find it extremely convenient.

Your feedback serves as a great motivation for us all.
Thank you once again for your time and we all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Melbourne in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

Mrs Merlot had a conference at the convention centre so chose to stay here for the convenience. We had stayed here many times when previously branded Hilton. Did an advance purchase booking through Hilton only to be informed later change to Pan Pacific. I think both Hilton and Pan Pacific could do better in explaining the impending change. As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and GHA member I felt not particularly well treated. Telephone calls to Pan Pacific to confirm details were not well handled.

Dinner in the restaurant, with grilled flathead very average. Mrs Merlots grilled whiting was enjoyable but a few bones disappointed.

Service in the restaurant was excellent. Sarah at reception on check in also excellent.

Club lounge (formerly executive floor) on 4th floor, at least as good as before. But the range of wines better, quality. Of Breakfast in the club superior to previous offerings. Club room with view up the Yarra River excellent but has not changed.

Whilst some niggles, this visit was superior to our previous visit. Recommended, but if niggles removed could be superior 5 star offering particularly if proximity to convention centre is desirable to you.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for club room with club lounge access
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank VinMerlot

Dear VinMerlot,

I really appreciate your feedback, as it gives us a chance to look into our services and facilities to make improvements. I have noted your comments on the lack of communication and the restaurant dinner experience. We sincerely regret the disappointment caused would like to assure you we take your feedback very seriously. I have personally advised the Reservations Team to take further action and training to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team, particularly Sarah. I will ensure she is recognised for her outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pan Pacific Melbourne in the not too distant future.