“Long wait to get a beer”
Review of 8bit.

8bit.
Ranked #3,470 of 4,518 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Our group of three dined opposite this burger bar at the Malaysian Restaurant Pappa Rich which isn't licensed.

After lunch we called in to have a beer as we could not obtain one at our lunch venue.

The line up where one orders a meal is the same place one orders a drink only. So at lunch time just to get a beer I had an unacceptable long wait. On top of this there was a problem with beer choice due to some keg issues and my server had problems serving the beer due to too much froth.

All the same the place was very busy with burger and hot dog orders.

Need to have the meal and beer orders in separate queues.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

In short - one of the worst non-fast food burger experiences I've had. With so many other burger options in Melbourne I'd certainly not waste my time or money here again.

I had the Zelda Burger - it was bland, bun was very dry (note: I had the vegan option so perhaps the standard burger tastes better).
I also ordered onion rings which were too doughy and soggy.
My friend had the 1UP Mushroom Burger and she didn't like the crumbing or her bun.
My friends fries were really good (one positive!).

In fairness perhaps their meat burgers are better if that's what you're into but my opinion is that if you can't do something well then leave it off the menu.

Room is a bit dull - they've gone for the video game vibe but failed to grasp the fun and playfulness of video games because it feels more like a hospital cafeteria. Seating is way too high - uncomfortable.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Dripped in for a quick burger lunch with a mate today. Food was prepared quickly and reasonably priced - $15 for burger & chips. Chips were yum and the burger was average. Sweet-ish bun and overall a bit bland. Didn't really jump at me - no feeling of "must go back again". Better options close-by for burger lovers!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We were keen to try this place.

Very disappointing Chicken burger.

The bun is full of sugar and the chicken was super oily.

Wouldn't go back

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed quick dinner at 8Bit after some Friday night drinks. We all had a Altered Beast hamburger, chips, onion rings and a coke. The staff are very efficient and the range of burgers very good. The perfect end to a great night.