“If I lived in Hobart I would be here EVERY Tuesday night!”

Midori Japanese Kitchen
Ranked #231 of 648 Restaurants in Hobart
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Being a visitor on a very short trip to Hobart, I was not sure where to go for Japanese food. I was recommended this tiny little cheap eat and am so glad we went there. Not wanting a huge meal we just ordered a few little dishes to share. The Agadashi Tofu was great. The tempura prawns were great. The sushi was great. The lovely Japanese woman who served us was just so sweet. Not the most flash surroundings for an eating house but who cares! I can guarantee I will be back and the sooner the better.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I am only a novice eating Japanese so the staff were pleased to help with my selection. The choice she made suited my requirements and the quality was better than i expected. Great follow up checking if all was ok. Price was very reasonable. Nice atmosphere. My Daughter and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Midori is a very small casual Japanese Restaurant, and Takeaway, in North Hobart. My friend and I visited recently, and felt lucky to find a vacant table, as the restaurant has very limited seating, and is very well patronised. We were impressed by the friendly service, the decor, the food, and the Japanese beer on offer - all lending itself towards a very authentic dining experience. We ordered a Sushi sampler to share, as we were hungry, followed by a Set each. I chose the Salmon Set, and my friend chose the Chicken Set. The Sushi sampler gave a great variety of items, and was especially suited to being shared by two people. Each Set provided us with a variety of foods to enjoy, and we really did enjoy them. There was ample food in each Set, all items were delicious, and there was enough to swap and share. Go to this restaurant if you are hungry, as the food is very satisfying, and filling. Go there also if you want to try some Japanese fare in a casual atmosphere. However this is a very popular venue, so be prepared to order take-away, come back later, or take pot luck next time. I am not sure if you can book a table there, but it would be well worth asking, as you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times and the food has always been amazing. It's a cozy little restaurant and the staff is amazing. Always with smiles and very helpful with recommendations of dishes. Would recommend anyone to go there. No doubt you will enjoy the food and the coziness.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I have never rated a restaurant "Terrible" before, however this "restaurant" deserves it & I'd like to warn unsuspecting visitors. The food was of the greasy and unappetising variety - not unlike the stuff you get in the food warmer of a service station. The gyoza were big, heavy, tasteless and the pastry was thick & chewy - not fresh & delicate as they should be. Service was pleasant enough, but this is definitely not Japanese food! I actually did not try the sushi thank god - as I am hesitant to order it in a restaurant that I havent read about or visited before. We tried the Japanese across the road & upstairs a couple of days later as we needed a Japanese food fix & it was soooo much better. Will write a review on that one when I recall the name.