“Another great Japanese grill & Izakaya in Hobart”

Osaka Izakaya & Grill Restaurant
Ranked #335 of 647 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$13 - US$60
Description: Osaka Izakaya & Grill Restaurant established at the Elizabeth Street in North Hobart location in 2017, it is a Japanese Izakaya style restaurant, serve both traditional Japanese Izakaya style food and some food twisted with other cuisine and represents a unique mixed dining experience. We are always learning and we will try our best to serve you and make your night unforgettable.
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

On a wet, mid week day I decided to try the new Japanese outlet for lunch then see a movie.
Being a quiet day the chef decided to close prior to the posted time of 2:45 however, to his credit he opened the door and invited me in.
Fantastic sashimi and something I have never tried before - beef Tataki; WOW, that was scrumptious. Home made Miso soup with little surprise inclusions made it the best Miso I have ever had. Cold beer in a cold glass coupled with a pourt of Saki made me a very happy diner.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This restaurant has excellent food which is traditional Japanese taste, and friendly service. Furthermore, it is the best place for sake (Japanese rice wine).

1  Thank Yifei Z
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We had three dishes from the menu which we chose very well as they were all very authentic and tasty.
There were very few people in the restaurant which I found surprising as their menu the prices and the food that we ate was excellent I hope that the restaurant does well and we will return.
Having lived in Osaka, as the owner has also, that is the region that has the best food in Japan