“Pasta is fantastic!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Walked in to this restaurant and was able to be seated, although it seems reservation might be safer. They offer a chefs tasting type menu, however, we opted to order off the menu. The gnocchi with bolognese and the prawn cavatappi were amazing! The dishes are meant to be shared but it was so good I could have eaten them both (and been overly fulll after).

I felt the dessert was a little bit of a let down. We ordered one zeppole to share and then the plate of various pastries. The zeppole was very good but I found the dish of pastries to be dry.

The staff was friendly and willing to go through the menu to provide assistance. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The reviews do not lie, Andres is a delight that everyone must experience. A delightful restaurant with exceptional service, intriguing & brilliant menu. Each meal of each course was beautifully presented & the wait time was incredibly efficient for the amount of people dining.
Looking forward to going back!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a first timer at this restaurant, we found the food was amazing and the service was very good. Plenty of room here which is a good thing as you don't feel crammed in. There was a good(Italian) variety food selection to choose from for the fussy customer. When it came to paying for the meal I was surprised to be told there was an option to add a tip to the bill but there was no obligation to do so. As we thoroughly enjoyed the meal it was worth adding a tip. Definitely be coming back.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Three of us dined here recently before catching a Fringe show on a Friday night. Andre's has a very odd policy of two sittings on Friday & Saturday nights, one at 6 pm and a second at 8.30. We arrived at 6pm but there were still people being seated at 6.45pm. The idea of being shunted out at 8pm doesn't lend itself to a relaxed dining experience but I suppose it means the service has to be good to get everyone in, fed, watered and out by a certain time. Nonetheless, I am glad "sittings" is not a common practice in Australian restaurants.

The restaurant decor is inviting but the tables are very close together and the chairs are not the sturdiest nor the most comfortable. And yes, it is quite noisy. The staff are very friendly and super efficient.

The menu takes some close scrutiny to understand. You can opt for the $70 per person menu fisso whereby you sit back and the kitchen sends out several courses which are the highlights of what is in season or what is on special. We thought this was expensive, so we decided to share some dishes from the la carte menu.

The serve of gnocchi with goat ragu was outstanding; beautiful, silky pillows of gnocchi (obviously made with great care) topped with a perfectly seasoned & tasty ragu. The polenta con ragu di salsiccia was a dish of runny but creamy, silky polenta topped with a spicy sausage ragu & parmigiano - delicious! The third dish, Agnello, was the dearest at $42 but it was a treat. The lamb was tender, cooked to perfection (not red raw throughout) and topped with an amazing combination of beetroot, walnuts, breadcrumbs and jus.
Each dish was served without any accompaniments and the menu doesn't offer any side dishes which is unusual and unexpected.

The wines on offer are very expensive by the bottle with the cheapest being an Italian lambrusco for $49 with a moscato or riesling by the glass starting at $11.

While we enjoyed our meal at Andrea's, it was expensive as the 3 dishes along with one cocktail and two non-alcoholic drinks totalled $118.00.

1  Thank flametrees
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

I first went to this place with my beloved now deceased wife . She heard about it when I think the chef had done very well in one of those cooking shows .
We loved it . Sensational food served on small plates but also offering larger plates. The polenta was sensational as well as all the meat dishes such as the duck , lamb and chicken . There were always specials .

The restaurant is not large and the floors are wooden making it a little noisy and the tables were set close together . There are also two sittings and because it was popular , one often needed to book well ahead . Suitable for families and friends . Service is reasonable and prices not outrageous. Worth it for the food .

We had a number of delightful meals here with my wife and two daughters .We also took our friends there . I remember on one occasion we went there with my wife and one of my daughters for Father’s Day . My other daughter who was interstate at the time surprised us by dropping in there unannounced. It was the best Father’s Day present!

Alas , when my wife who died so young from cancer a few years ago , we have not gone back as much .

Even though this place is excellent , it brought back sad memories .

1  Thank johnthomasl2017