All reviews indoor pool burger a great stay juice mountain biking bread place to stay sports comwell activities nature facilities middle fitness forest sheep swimmingpool
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Nice clean rooms. Very good facilities for fitness, exercise, pool and sauna. Excellent for mountainbiking, rent a bike or take your own. Good hiking routes among sheeps and the splendid nature.
The restaurant is very good, but to the expensive side. You would expect more of a burger priced at 189 DKK, but good and decent food.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Simone P, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Rebild Bakker, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Kresten
Thank you for the feedback. It means a lot to us. I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay at the hotel. I hope to welcome you again another time. Best regards Simone - Reception

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel has a really strange feel to it, it's pretty big but the interior feels like a cross between a prison and a school.

The room I had was basic to say the least...a wet room shower which flooded the bathroom every time I used it. 2 single beds which were tiny, and the duvet was the size of a flannel.

it's in the middle of nowhere, which i guess is the attraction if you're there for the outdoors recreation, unfortunately I was there for work, so having no where to eat apart from the hotel bar/restaurant where a burger was £25 wasn't fun.

And £8 for a pint!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Simone P, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Rebild Bakker, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Lifeshouldbeholiday
Thank you for your feedback. it means a lot to us that you have had a nice stay. We are in a process of renovating our rooms, but unfortunately it takes some time to get it done. Our rooms can you put the beds together, to making it a double bed. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the right people. I hope to welcome you again a second time. The best regards Simone - Reception

Reviewed 28 May 2017

This place is really focused on sports; people come there for training in teams, mountain biking in the beautiful surroundings with hills and forest, and all types of sports. I was there for a family reunion, so I cannot really comment on the sport.
The hotel seems quite new, the rooms are functional, relatively big, equipped with safe, quite big flat screen tv, everything ok. Also for the staff and the hotel in general - everything is fine without being exceptional. What really makes a difference is the breakfast, because that really is exceptional: delicious home made bread, home made marmalade, many types of muesli, some (all?) home made, oranges that you can press for juice, many types of smoothie, do-it-yourself pancakes, interesting cheeses, cut-your-own ham, lots of fresh fruit, great sausages and bacon that was really crispy... and probably other things that I did not see because I was quite full. Everything got emptied now and then, but the staff quickly came with fresh supplies - really a great breakfast. If I should suggest an improvement, it would be to have the possibility to get a good cappuccino - but it was really surprisingly good.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Mike S, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Rebild Bakker, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Hi Jens Ole
Thank you for your response. Hope you enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and had an acceptabel stay. I love to hear, that you like the breakfast and we will give feedback to the restaurant. I hope to welcome you again!

Best regards
Simone - Reception

Reviewed 22 May 2017

This hotel is situated in a natural park, Rebild Bakker, famous for the heathland and the blooming heather in Summer on the gentle hills. The style is Nordic and laidback. The hotel offers good sport facilities, a swimmimg pool, tennis court, bycicles to rent. If you forget to bring sportware, you can by at the reception. The rooms are spacious, with large windows and a balcony. There is a hairdryer and soaps, but no extra amenities or fridge. The breakfast buffet offers a good selection of foods, fresh fruit juice, joghurts, meat dishes, good breads. Do not expect esperesso, the coffee is Danish style brew. The lunch and dinner is made from local ingredients with good care using fresh vegetables, good fish and high quality meat. The hotel has several meeting rooms, it is suitable for conferences and business meetings. The staff is friendly and speaks English. The bar offers local draft beers.
There are many farms raising pigs in the vicinity, so if the wind turns, you can really feel in the middle of a farm. :)
Overall a very enjoyable experience. Highly recommended for sport activities.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Mike S, Gæsteansvarlig at Comwell Rebild Bakker, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Maria

Thank you very much for your in-depth review of our hotel. I'm pleased to read that you liked the place and the nature. We hope we get the chance to welcome you again in the future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This is a great sports hotel with an outstanding location in the middle of Rebil Hills and Forest area. The hotel is nice with a very fine kitchen, and rooms a good. Long range of activities possible. I would like to come again.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Mike S, Receptionschef at Comwell Rebild Bakker, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Lfrasmus,

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm very pleased that you enjoyed our surroundings around the hotel and find our facilities very good. We love our location in Rebild Bakker Nationalpark, and are looking forward to welcome you back once again.

Best regards Mike / Reception manager