Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ted C

Why is Bedarra Island the place we most want to return to?

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 7, 2023
How do you describe our Bedarra Island experience as something that is the very best of its kind?
The words “superlative”, “magnificent”, “outstanding”, “superb’, “unparalleled”, “unsurpassed”, “world-class” …spring to mind, as they resonate with our Bedarra Island experience.
From the time our journey commenced with travel to the Island with Roger, and on our arrival, the welcome from GM Geoffrey, we embarked on a holiday where our memories will be treasured for the rest of our lives.
The unique management skills of GM Geoffrey were reflected in the outstanding care, hospitality, and attention to the needs of guests provided by all staff: Really, a benchmark for island resorts.
At the time of the World Heritage listing of the Great Barrier Reef in 1981, the UNESCO Committee stated “… if only one coral reef site in the world were to be chosen for the World Heritage List, the Great Barrier Reef is the site to be chosen”.
As a variation of this statement, if you had to choose a Great Barrier Reef Marine Park island to be #1 on your bucket list, it should be Bedarra Island – an Australian-owned icon.

Date of stay: June 2023
Pool
Superior Ensuited Cabins
51.6 km from Bedarra Island Resort
View more hotels in Bedarra Island
All reviews cocktail hour plunge pool beach house other guests picnic lunch our honeymoon mission beach helicopter ride private dining behind the scenes sea legs matching wines moment you arrive every staff member barefoot luxury absolute paradise large deck
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2023

The Bedarra experience was exceptional and exceeded our expectations in so many ways. The team, led by the amazing Geoff will make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. They are attentive and friendly and seem genuinely happy to be there. The resort facilities are great. We eloped at Bedarra and it was absolutely magical. Bedarra had such a meaningful impact that I got quite emotional leaving. You feel a real bond with the people and the island and you don’t want to leave. Highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2023 via mobile

It was a fantastic experience from start to finish. Warmly greeted by Geoff, the resort manager, who helped organise our wedding day. Great communication, amazing food, truly a wonderful all-around experience.

All the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wines.

We held our wedding ceremony there and were so well looked after by the team a truly magical day.

Room tip: The boat journey was exhilarating on the trip to Bedarra due to high winds. The return journey was smooth.
Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed August 19, 2023 via mobile

This is truly a special place to relax, be spoiled and recharge.
Bedarra is a beautiful island nestled in the Coral Sea next to Dunk Island and just off Mission Beach. Make it an extra special experience and go by helicopter to and from Cairns.
The manager and staff here are just wonderful and really make it a carefree, relaxing holiday.
The food is prepared by a very talented chef and is delicious.
It’s a place where you can take advantage of many activities on offer…paddle boarding, canoeing, snorkelling, bushwalking etc. or just relax in a hammock, read a book and chill.
If I had to pick a negative I would say that the furniture in my villa was extremely uncomfortable. It had a huge, hard divan as seating . I would have preferred comfortable lounge chairs. The snacks provided in the mini bar were also underwhelming.
This will be a holiday I will remember for many years as something very special. Treat yourself!

Room tip: Some villas have a lot of steps so choose carefully.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RestlessLegs45
Reviewed August 16, 2023 via mobile

Bedarra has to be the best experience we ever have. Accomodation is superb. The food wine and team hospitality there are exceptional. You will love the picnics. What else can we say. We want to come back many times. We will be back. We want to be back now.

Room tip: We’d love to be back in September and October but booking list is huge. We know why!!
Date of stay: August 2023
Reviewed August 2, 2023

We loved Bedarra the first time...See previous review...But things have changed.
1.We booked Bedarra and paid the deposit...I have cancer was feeling good at the time...hence the booking. Spoke to Debbie or Debra on booking and told her my new experience of life. Requested that i may have to change dates. When i got the Email stating that full payment was required I rang Debbie or Debra and explained to her that my cancer had decided to have a really bad party within my body and i had developed a Knee problem. She informed me that Bedarra was not an every day MOTEL so I had to honour the booking or lose the deposit.. so i did.
2. I cannot fault mine and my partners service from the most outstanding, caring & compassionate staff that I have had the privilege to meet.
3. Things have changed... gone are the cheese platers on display (there are some available now in a lunch-box container but nothing that I couldn't get from my local Woolworths), gone are the great selection of sorbets. Gone is the Australian wine selection. Gone the Remy xo cognac. Gone linen napkins at lunch. Gone the great picnic lunches (they exist but not what they used to be).
4. Day 3 of our stay of 5 I was struggling to walk. I became completely villa bound. Staff once again amazing, providing me with villa service and struggled upstairs to service me.
5. Geoffrey was amazing, he organised a helicopter transfer for me to get off the island at no extra cost, however we did forfeit a night's stay of over $2k cost. I find it a pity in summarizing that Debbie or Debra showed such a lack of compassion to my situation initially.
Disappointing and will not return again.

Date of stay: June 2023