Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cocktail hour plunge pool beach house other guests picnic lunch our honeymoon mission beach helicopter ride private dining behind the scenes sea legs matching wines moment you arrive every staff member barefoot luxury absolute paradise large deck
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2023 via mobile

This is truly a special place to relax, be spoiled and recharge.
Bedarra is a beautiful island nestled in the Coral Sea next to Dunk Island and just off Mission Beach. Make it an extra special experience and go by helicopter to and from Cairns.
The manager and staff here are just wonderful and really make it a carefree, relaxing holiday.
The food is prepared by a very talented chef and is delicious.
It’s a place where you can take advantage of many activities on offer…paddle boarding, canoeing, snorkelling, bushwalking etc. or just relax in a hammock, read a book and chill.
If I had to pick a negative I would say that the furniture in my villa was extremely uncomfortable. It had a huge, hard divan as seating . I would have preferred comfortable lounge chairs. The snacks provided in the mini bar were also underwhelming.
This will be a holiday I will remember for many years as something very special. Treat yourself!

Room tip: Some villas have a lot of steps so choose carefully.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RestlessLegs45
Reviewed August 16, 2023 via mobile

Bedarra has to be the best experience we ever have. Accomodation is superb. The food wine and team hospitality there are exceptional. You will love the picnics. What else can we say. We want to come back many times. We will be back. We want to be back now.

Room tip: We’d love to be back in September and October but booking list is huge. We know why!!
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2023

We loved Bedarra the first time...See previous review...But things have changed.
1.We booked Bedarra and paid the deposit...I have cancer was feeling good at the time...hence the booking. Spoke to Debbie or Debra on booking and told her my new experience of life. Requested that i may have to change dates. When i got the Email stating that full payment was required I rang Debbie or Debra and explained to her that my cancer had decided to have a really bad party within my body and i had developed a Knee problem. She informed me that Bedarra was not an every day MOTEL so I had to honour the booking or lose the deposit.. so i did.
2. I cannot fault mine and my partners service from the most outstanding, caring & compassionate staff that I have had the privilege to meet.
3. Things have changed... gone are the cheese platers on display (there are some available now in a lunch-box container but nothing that I couldn't get from my local Woolworths), gone are the great selection of sorbets. Gone is the Australian wine selection. Gone the Remy xo cognac. Gone linen napkins at lunch. Gone the great picnic lunches (they exist but not what they used to be).
4. Day 3 of our stay of 5 I was struggling to walk. I became completely villa bound. Staff once again amazing, providing me with villa service and struggled upstairs to service me.
5. Geoffrey was amazing, he organised a helicopter transfer for me to get off the island at no extra cost, however we did forfeit a night's stay of over $2k cost. I find it a pity in summarizing that Debbie or Debra showed such a lack of compassion to my situation initially.
Disappointing and will not return again.

Date of stay: June 2023
4  Thank Brett P
Reviewed July 27, 2023

What a wonderful, intimate, secluded, tranquil island! Luxury at its finest from the moment you arrive up until you depart. The finest foods, wines & of course cocktail’s. Grab a bottle of anything, anytime & enjoy anywhere. One of life’s best experiences & we can’t wait to go back!

Room tip: Take the helicopter at least one way as it gives you a wonderful scenic view
Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank Powerhouse P
Reviewed June 10, 2023

If you are researching a Great Barrier Reef vacation, stop looking and just book a week here. You won't find a better combination of exclusivity, luxury, food, activities and service anywhere (the experience here is as good as any of the world's best hotels).

A max of 2 guests at each of 12 villas are the only people on this island other than a roughly equal number of staff, so you both have incredible privacy and amazing service. Activity wise, there are water toys, a pool, and a fantastic beach footsteps from your villa. There are also hiking trails and options for diving, fishing and heli flights all from the island. The staff will also cook you lunch and drop you at your own private beach (or local uninhabited island) where you can spend the day relaxing in solitude- it is unique and fantastic. If you are a photographer, this is a one of a kind location.

The food is equally great. Bedarra is all inclusive, so no need to worry about the bill when you grab another bottle of big-name champagne or an afternoon cocktail to bring to your villa or the beach. Food (and snacks) are included and the cooking is amazing. Every meal was different and delicious - an impressive feat considering the diversity of the menu (which always has 2 choices per course and changes daily).

Finally, and most importantly, is the staff- wow. I'm usually bad at names and I can still remember everyone even two weeks later. They are all genuinely glad to be there, talk to you, and provide a perfect experience. We loved our time with them at and between meals and cannot thank all of them enough. We stayed at the island for our honeymoon and couldn't stop talking about the experience for the rest of the trip (or even now!). This is an incredible resort and deserves all possible accolades. It somehow figures out how to do high-end while feeling casual and providing a world-class product (be it food, service, a beach, or activities) without seemingly trying very hard. Bedarra is *that* good and we hope to come back!

Date of stay: May 2023