Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cocktail hour plunge pool beach house other guests picnic lunch our honeymoon mission beach helicopter ride private dining behind the scenes sea legs matching wines moment you arrive every staff member barefoot luxury absolute paradise large deck
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2023

We loved Bedarra the first time...See previous review...But things have changed.
1.We booked Bedarra and paid the deposit...I have cancer was feeling good at the time...hence the booking. Spoke to Debbie or Debra on booking and told her my new experience of life. Requested that i may have to change dates. When i got the Email stating that full payment was required I rang Debbie or Debra and explained to her that my cancer had decided to have a really bad party within my body and i had developed a Knee problem. She informed me that Bedarra was not an every day MOTEL so I had to honour the booking or lose the deposit.. so i did.
2. I cannot fault mine and my partners service from the most outstanding, caring & compassionate staff that I have had the privilege to meet.
3. Things have changed... gone are the cheese platers on display (there are some available now in a lunch-box container but nothing that I couldn't get from my local Woolworths), gone are the great selection of sorbets. Gone is the Australian wine selection. Gone the Remy xo cognac. Gone linen napkins at lunch. Gone the great picnic lunches (they exist but not what they used to be).
4. Day 3 of our stay of 5 I was struggling to walk. I became completely villa bound. Staff once again amazing, providing me with villa service and struggled upstairs to service me.
5. Geoffrey was amazing, he organised a helicopter transfer for me to get off the island at no extra cost, however we did forfeit a night's stay of over $2k cost. I find it a pity in summarizing that Debbie or Debra showed such a lack of compassion to my situation initially.
Disappointing and will not return again.

Date of stay: June 2023
4  Thank Brett P
Reviewed July 27, 2023

What a wonderful, intimate, secluded, tranquil island! Luxury at its finest from the moment you arrive up until you depart. The finest foods, wines & of course cocktail’s. Grab a bottle of anything, anytime & enjoy anywhere. One of life’s best experiences & we can’t wait to go back!

Room tip: Take the helicopter at least one way as it gives you a wonderful scenic view
Date of stay: July 2023
1  Thank Powerhouse P
Reviewed June 10, 2023

If you are researching a Great Barrier Reef vacation, stop looking and just book a week here. You won't find a better combination of exclusivity, luxury, food, activities and service anywhere (the experience here is as good as any of the world's best hotels).

A max of 2 guests at each of 12 villas are the only people on this island other than a roughly equal number of staff, so you both have incredible privacy and amazing service. Activity wise, there are water toys, a pool, and a fantastic beach footsteps from your villa. There are also hiking trails and options for diving, fishing and heli flights all from the island. The staff will also cook you lunch and drop you at your own private beach (or local uninhabited island) where you can spend the day relaxing in solitude- it is unique and fantastic. If you are a photographer, this is a one of a kind location.

The food is equally great. Bedarra is all inclusive, so no need to worry about the bill when you grab another bottle of big-name champagne or an afternoon cocktail to bring to your villa or the beach. Food (and snacks) are included and the cooking is amazing. Every meal was different and delicious - an impressive feat considering the diversity of the menu (which always has 2 choices per course and changes daily).

Finally, and most importantly, is the staff- wow. I'm usually bad at names and I can still remember everyone even two weeks later. They are all genuinely glad to be there, talk to you, and provide a perfect experience. We loved our time with them at and between meals and cannot thank all of them enough. We stayed at the island for our honeymoon and couldn't stop talking about the experience for the rest of the trip (or even now!). This is an incredible resort and deserves all possible accolades. It somehow figures out how to do high-end while feeling casual and providing a world-class product (be it food, service, a beach, or activities) without seemingly trying very hard. Bedarra is *that* good and we hope to come back!

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank Somecomments
Reviewed June 3, 2023

Fantastic Honeymoon Destination! Geoff, Jessica, Mark and the entire Bedarra Team were an absolute pleasure during our 5 night honeymoon retreat! They were very helpful and accomodating when we had to shift the stay by 1 night due to flight cancellations. We stayed at three different villas during our stay (The Pavilions, The Point and The Treehouse). Each of the villas were unique and had their own special feature, and the house keeping team were great in easily cleaning and relocating us each time. The beaches and views were pristine, we definitely recommend the helicopter flight from Cairns directly to the island. The food was delicious and always different. Mark makes a mean amaretto sour! Geoff was so welcoming and helpful throughout our stay, and we look forward to returning for our anniversary in the future. Thanks again Bedarra Team, from Ryan & Rebecca.

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank loomansfam
Reviewed June 2, 2023

Well, in our opinion a mesmerising Island retreat that suits the perfect place to relax and be pampered! Everything about Bedarra Island is perfect. The sensational island facilities and inclusion are Fabulous with nature experiences at it best. The food quality is among the best we've experienced, not to mention the quality of the Spirits, Wines and Beer etc that's included.

Date of stay: April 2023