“Lunch visit”

Ranked #10 of 446 Restaurants in Townsville
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OPEN 7 days, The Balcony Restaurant is located upstairs at number 287 Flinders Street Townsville City. The heritage building has been the home of the Balcony Restaurant for over 25 years. The timber staircase takes you on and upwards to the quirky space above that ensures a unique and memorable experience unmatched in Townsville. Nestled high above, the Balcony Restaurant permeates a relaxed and pleasant ambiance where you can escape the hustle and bustle of below. Escape to the bliss of the Balcony's charm where you can enjoy the delicious food, the great coffee, an icy cold beverage, good music and let our happy staff take care of you. Open 7 days Monday & Tuesday 9am till 2pm. Wednesday to Sunday 7.30am till 2pm
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Normally come here for breakfast but thought we would try lunch and had the opportunity to sit on the balcony which for a walk in is often rare. Good service and good food. The green Thai chicken was really nice albeit a lot of rice and not enough sauce. Guess I am being knit picky. It is a tad pricy for what you get but to be honest it was such a beautiful day I was happy to pay for what I had and it is a very pleasant location.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast with my husband around 10:30 AM on a Sunday as a walk in – the restaurant was very busy possibly augmented by the Main Street market. The service was attentive and asked for details around how my husband wanted his eggs cooked and they were subsequently produced exactly as requested which was a big bonus for him. He also had the bacon shop with tomato relish which he said was okay. He had this with a smoothie but there was really too much frozen yoghurt in relation to the volume of berries and so it was more like a thick shake with only a mild flavour. I had the asparagus and gruyere bechamel sauce with prosciutto. Insufficient asparagus compared to the volume of sauce - I felt I was eating toast and sauce, with asparagus on the side. The prosciutto was nicely cooked but the balance was still out. I was given a serrated knife to use, but it was still difficult to slice up my meal. My coffee was served with milk too hot unfortunately. The meals took 20 minutes to arrive but the restaurant was absolutely full so understandable. And it was also a bit noisy for my liking. We went to Jam the day before and The Balcony Restaurant was slightly more expensive and comparatively disappointing in terms of food and ambiance. We both agreed we’d go to Jam over The Balcony Restaurant for both taste, money and ambience.

1  Thank DiscerningDoyenne
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Way over priced nearly 200$ for breaky for 4. Pretty much the standard in townsville, over priced average meals. The honest critic.

1  Thank Reach T
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a very enjoyable lunch date at the Balcony. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful and were quick to welcome us and take our orders. There were plenty of options of the menu with some simpler choices along with a few more interesting options. My hubby chose the lamb curry rolls and I had to grilled haloumi- we both really enjoyed our meals. Prices were reasonable food was fresh and service was excellent. We enjoyed our seat out on the balcony with perfect weather and nice views of the city. Top spot- worth another visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We always have several lunches here when visiting for the Australian Festival of Chamber Music. PETA looks after us admirably and always has our favourite Chardonnay, Langmeille, available. We really like this casual eating outside, literally on the balcony. Today we had Tasmanian Salmon with mango salsa and Southern fried chicken with avocado. Both meals beautiful and low calorie! Plus the wine, of course, and coffee. Just s lovely lunch here in Townsville.